Zwiebach quick calculation 8.7

• Thread starter ehrenfest
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Calculation
In summary, the conversation discusses using equations to solve for QC 8.7, specifically the equation given on page 127 and an alternate equation on page 54. The expert recommends replacing the equation for G with the equation for alpha' and using the Planckian system of units.
Physics news on Phys.org
ehrenfest said:
Is there another equation I should use?
You should use equations (3.88) on page 54 but replace the equation for G with the equation for [itex]\alpha'[/itex]. Then follow the technique on that page.

Sorry, can you explain what you mean replace the equation for G with the equation for alpha' (8.63 I assume)? G and J/hbar do not even have the same units.

ehrenfest said:
Sorry, can you explain what you mean replace the equation for G with the equation for alpha' (8.63 I assume)? G and J/hbar do not even have the same units.
There are three equations labeled (3.88). Replace all of the P subscripts with S. Toss out the equation that defines G and use equation (8.63) in its place. Express [itex]\sqrt{\alpha'}[/itex] in terms of [itex]{l}_S, {m}_S,[/itex] and [itex]{t}_S[/itex].

OK. I see why that works. My only concern is how do you know that you can replace the p subscripts with s subscripts. Those relations are only true in the Planckian system of units, right?

1. What is Zwiebach quick calculation 8.7?

Zwiebach quick calculation 8.7 is a mathematical formula developed by physicist Barton Zwiebach that allows for quick and accurate calculations in theoretical physics.

2. How does Zwiebach quick calculation 8.7 work?

Zwiebach quick calculation 8.7 involves breaking down complex equations into smaller, simpler parts and using algebraic manipulations to solve them. It also utilizes geometric visualization and symmetry principles to simplify the calculations.

3. Can anyone use Zwiebach quick calculation 8.7?

While the formula was originally developed for theoretical physicists, anyone with a strong understanding of algebra and geometry can learn to use Zwiebach quick calculation 8.7 to solve equations efficiently.

4. What are the benefits of using Zwiebach quick calculation 8.7?

Zwiebach quick calculation 8.7 can save time and effort in solving complex equations in theoretical physics. It also allows for a better understanding of the underlying principles and symmetries involved in the calculations.

5. Are there any drawbacks to using Zwiebach quick calculation 8.7?

As with any mathematical formula, Zwiebach quick calculation 8.7 is not a magic solution and still requires a strong understanding of mathematical concepts. It also may not be applicable to all types of equations and situations.