Are there solutions available for Zwiebach's string theory book?

In summary, the author of the book "A first course in string theory" has just acquired Zwiebach's book and found it to be very clear and easy to follow. He has found that Zwiebach does not use supersymmetry, but instead relies more heavily on the mathematics behind string theory formulas. The coverage of topics is very good, and he likes the toy model of the bosonic string that Zwiebach provides. He found the coverage of thermodynamics and t-duality to be particularly helpful.
Hello. I hate to bring this up again, as it seems to have been going on for years, but I am attempting to work through this text this summer (I am a mathematics graduate student and am very much considering mathematical physics). The purely mathematical questions seem to be quite easy, but the physics is semi-challenging. I would very much appreciate the solutions to check my physics.

NSquarticsurface@gmail.com

Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
looking for solutions to the Zwiebach's book

I have just started going through the Zwiebach's book, and looking to check my solutions. Could someone email the solutions to Zwiebach to me please?
Thanks!

amishurov@gmail.com

I hope it is still available.I really need it.
thanks a lot!
aliseturtle@gmail.com

I will send the solutions to the last several posters tonight.

Patrick

nrqed said:
I will send the solutions to the last several posters tonight.

Patrick
I have a pair of pdf's with solutions up to chapter 16 and missing some of the quick calculations. Is that what you are sending out? If it is more than that, please send a copy to

Last edited by a moderator:
jimmysnyder said:
I have a pair of pdf's with solutions up to chapter 16 and missing some of the quick calculations. Is that what you are sending out? If it is more than that, please send a copy to

I will check when I get home tonight and let you know.

jimmysnyder said:

That's what I have too except that I have a third short file with typed solutions for chapter 12. At first sight they look like the same as the handwritten solutions of that chapter included in the other two large files (without the graphs) so it's probably not worth it to send that short file.

UPDATE:

I have sent the three files I have to the last dozen or so people who requested a copy in this thread. Some posts are a bit old so I apologize if some people have already received the files. The first file is over 6 MB in size (with the second one about 1.44 MB) so I am not sure if all e-mailer will be able to handle it. I sent them from my gmail account.

Patrick

nrqed said:
That's what I have too except that I have a third short file with typed solutions for chapter 12. At first sight they look like the same as the handwritten solutions of that chapter included in the other two large files (without the graphs) so it's probably not worth it to send that short file.
OK, thanks.