Recent content by pinball1970
-
Cover songs versus the original track, which ones are better?
That is very humble from Bob Dylan, he wrote the song after all, it is is creation. The "tribute to him," comment in particular was a really nice touch. The version you posted, Isle of Wight was 30th August 1970 so he was dead a few weeks after that.- pinball1970
- Post #2,619
- Forum: Music
-
Cover songs versus the original track, which ones are better?
I think this is the greatest cover ever, it was mentioned early doors. What Hendrix did with this in the studio was genius. Live? Well it's 1970 and large system outdoors, not a great combo for that time. His sound was ropey but he managed to tame it and his voice, which he didn't rate, is as...- pinball1970
- Post #2,615
- Forum: Music
-
Cover songs versus the original track, which ones are better?
The original. Graham Nash was with Joni Mitchell? TIL.- pinball1970
- Post #2,612
- Forum: Music
-
Cover songs versus the original track, which ones are better?
Amazing sound, to be able to recreate CSN like this is not easy.- pinball1970
- Post #2,611
- Forum: Music
-
Cover songs versus the original track, which ones are better?
Alonya with another Led Zep.- pinball1970
- Post #2,610
- Forum: Music
-
Undergrad What is the Difference between Maths and Classical Mechanics?
As an afterthought. If you would have asked that question when I was an A level student I would have answered differently and more simply. Classical mechanics is part of Applied mathematics and just "Mathematics" I would have said was "Pure mathematics." That is what my books said, Bostock...- pinball1970
- Post #49
- Forum: Mechanics
-
Undergrad What is the Difference between Maths and Classical Mechanics?
Two is already taken, it represents an abstract concept that does not physically exist.- pinball1970
- Post #31
- Forum: Mechanics
-
Undergrad What is the Difference between Maths and Classical Mechanics?
Agree.- pinball1970
- Post #29
- Forum: Mechanics
-
Undergrad What is the Difference between Maths and Classical Mechanics?
Apologies. However if we are going to compare mathematics with mechanics we need to know what those things are to begin with. I do not know what mathematics is, I will follow the consensus, it it philosophy? I do not know enough about philosophy to consider it. I know what maths can be used...- pinball1970
- Post #28
- Forum: Mechanics
-
Undergrad What is the Difference between Maths and Classical Mechanics?
There is a difference, you exist and your name is Javisot, that is the name given to you and we do this with things also so we all know what we are talking about. 2 is a concept, it does not physically exist.- pinball1970
- Post #27
- Forum: Mechanics
-
Undergrad What is the Difference between Maths and Classical Mechanics?
That's what I meant. I can see two pennies and I can write two/2, I just did it, but I cannot go out into the universe and find 2. It is an abstract concept, it does not physically exist.- pinball1970
- Post #26
- Forum: Mechanics
-
Undergrad What is the Difference between Maths and Classical Mechanics?
I always find this question interesting, I'm never sure how to answer the mathematics part. What is it? Is there a consensus? Is it "philosophy?" A pf maths guy said that a while ago. Physics is science and science is a method of exploring the universe and how it works via empiricism and...- pinball1970
- Post #18
- Forum: Mechanics
-
Very unrelated meanings for two similarly rooted words. "paragraph..."
Para is at the side of used medically or can be different/incorrect version of. Graphia is writing. EDIT Greek.- pinball1970
- Post #3
- Forum: Art, History, and Linguistics
-
Undergrad Do photons have mass? Why not?
If I'm traveling away from the source approaching C will the gamma radiation still not travel towards me at C?- pinball1970
- Post #25
- Forum: Classical Physics
-
Undergrad Do photons have mass? Why not?
Yikes. If I'm the guy it comes into contact with I'm hoping for radio!- pinball1970
- Post #14
- Forum: Classical Physics