Analysis of Katrina and Rita Weather Pattern, thorough and anomilous

In summary, the article discusses nexrad radar shots that occurred on August 17th, and how they may be connected to global warming. It also mentions a site that discusses nexrad anomalies and how they're formed. Although the anomalies on the site date back to before the shots, it's still possible that they're related. Hoagland is a controversial figure, and many people believe he's a crackpot. However, it's still worth reading his articles, as he often has interesting ideas.
oldunion
http://www.enterprisemission.com/weblog/weblog.htm

This is one of the best sources I've come across for analysis that isn't riddled with excessive exclamation points and absurd conspiracy conclusions :rolleyes: .

Discuss. I am halfway through so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
"Hyperdimensional Katrina": Scientific Evidence

I see nothing to discuss. This is in the wrong forum - it ought to be hidden away in skepticism & debunking ASAP, before it traumatizes someone.

Eee gads, not again!

Every time I watch the weather, regarding the onset of hurricanes in the Gulf Of Mexico, I am struck by how well they fit in there. Meaning, the terrain, has obviously been shaped by this pattern of weather over geologic time. These storms are nothing new. However there is a new politics of the weather depending on whether you are anti global warming, or democrat; or in denial of global warming, republican. A relative whom I know is active in the John Birch Society and lives in Gulf Port Mississippi, gave me a somewhat scripted reply in regards to the weather of late. It is a part of a twenty year pattern.

I have heard many discussions of weather control and massive ground arrays that disturb the ionosphere, and shift jet streams, and etc...

The one thing I think that could have to do with this new weather pattern, besides global warming, is the Atlanta Airport. Many new hubs were opened there, and perhaps that cutting of the atmosphere and the landing patterns, shred some of the inertial the resistance that storms might face. I noticed that when a travel company opened a whole bunch of new flights west out of Salt Lake bound for Hawaii, Salt Lake began to have spring earlier, and we got drier, as if the departing flights disrupted fronts forming, that might have brought rain. There is a weird weather thing peculiar to the Salt Lake Valley, caused by the Great Salt Lake, called The Lake Affect. We also had our driest years ever, while the AF prepared for Iraq, out to the West, much, much air traffic, North to South interrupting the air flow.

Go ahead and shoot me. The pictures of the air traffic over Atlanta, look just like a continuation of a hurricane, as if the flow pattern there would facilitate the round shape of hurricane air flow.

Hyperdimensional may or may not have been a term coined by Richard Hoagland, i don't know and its not important. Most of the info in the article i had come across before, but the radar anomoly was interesting to me-no precipitation or anything else suspended in the atmosphere was present, yet radar was being reflected. I won't say it is explained in this article, but it is detailed. I don't think anyone has an explanation, i don't think this implies foul play (unless you want it to). I think its thought provoking.

EDIT: i can't believe this is now in a forum with titles like "yeti" and "ghost" :confused:

oldunion said:
EDIT: i can't believe this is now in a forum with titles like "yeti" and "ghost" :confused:

Yetis are reasonable. Much more so than "hyperdimensional hurricanes". Hoagland is a raving crackpot. Notice he links somes of the NEXRAD images to NOAAs site - except for the funny-looking ones! Thoses he hosts himself. Smoking gun?

On the topic of real nexrad anomalies and how they're formed, go to http://www.letxa.com/anomalyintro.php.

rachmaninoff said:
Notice he links somes of the NEXRAD images to NOAAs site - except for the funny-looking ones! Thoses he hosts himself. Smoking gun?

On the topic of real nexrad anomalies and how they're formed, go to http://www.letxa.com/anomalyintro.php .

Not sure what you mean by that.

The nexrad anomolies on that site all have nothing to do with circumstances in existence at the time of the august 17th nexrad radar shots.

What is your evidence to suggest that hoagland is a raving crackpot

*becomes traumatized*

Yes Hoagland is a crackpot. He can sound relatively sane at times but after a while of listening to him you just wince when ever you hear his voice. Listening to Coast to Coast I have heard him far too many times.

TheStatutoryApe said:
He can sound relatively sane at times but after a while of listening to him you just wince when ever you hear his voice.

So true! :rofl:

Evo said:
It's pretty well known.

He's been discussed here. https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=73131
ha, all that thread is is about 6 people saying hoagland is a crank and cronkite "roasted him."

i haven't read anything insane yet, I am willing to be shown otherwise if someone dared...

katrina is still suspicious

oldunion said:
ha, all that thread is is about 6 people saying hoagland is a crank and cronkite "roasted him."

i haven't read anything insane yet, I am willing to be shown otherwise if someone dared...

Well, for starters, there was supposed to be a civilization on Mars and he made a huge fuss about this for years. Since the rovers didn't find one, he decided that the real place of interest is now Titan. Since he won't live long enough to be proven wrong on that one, he has a nice safe conspiracy theory.

oldunion said:

Try this link.

The BA is usually a pretty straight shooter from my experience.

To me, the biggest indicator of Hoagland's reliability is reading his articles. Some of them seem to be downright silly. In the normal course of science, you're probably going to come across things you don't understand. A good scientist will try and gather as much data as possible and try and determine the most likely cause. Mr. Hoagland's methodology seems to be:

1. Choose some really wild explanation for the phenomenon.
2. Pick out any bit of data that *might* support that theory and claim it 'proves' it.
3. Ignore any contrary evidence if possible.
4. If it's not possible to ignore evidence that contradicts the theory, claim that it's a conspiracy by the government to hide the truth.

hmm i don't know. the guy is a litle farfetched, he could be a crackpot i will have to keep reading and come to final conclusion. then again, who ever believes a conspiracy theorist? Honestly, even if this guy is putting out the most bizarre, mind boggling, self incriminating nonsense, no ones going to believe him even if its true-but i agree he is still nuts for this whether it is true or not.

oldunion said:
hmm i don't know. the guy is a litle farfetched, he could be a crackpot i will have to keep reading and come to final conclusion. then again, who ever believes a conspiracy theorist?

An awful lot of people in this day and age. Just pick a popular conspiracy theory and punch it into Google. You'll get thousands of hits. Conspiracies are sexy. Who wants boring old science or 'most likely' explanations when you can have a much more entertaining explanation that involves cover-ups at the highest levels of government.

Honestly, even if this guy is putting out the most bizarre, mind boggling, self incriminating nonsense, no ones going to believe him even if its true-but i agree he is still nuts for this whether it is true or not.

I guess part of the problem is that any of the stories could be true. Taking an example, let's suppose the 'face' on Mars really is a face and it was built by an intelligent civilization living on Mars. In order to pull this off, you've got to get a large number of people at JPL, NASA, etc in on the plan to retouch any new images. The face has to be doctored so that it doesn't look like a face anymore, along with any other evidence that might be photographed. You've now got dozens, if not hundreds of people in on the conspiracy, yet somehow they manage keep it a secret, at least until someone like Hoagland comes along and exposes it.

To me, this is just a little too much to believe. Three guys can't rob a liquor store without one of them bragging about the deed to his friends, yet we're to believe dozens of scientists, who supposedly dedicate their lives to the pursuit of knowledge, are able to keep quiet. I'm just not buying it.

Grogs said:
An awful lot of people in this day and age. Just pick a popular conspiracy theory and punch it into Google. You'll get thousands of hits. Conspiracies are sexy. Who wants boring old science or 'most likely' explanations when you can have a much more entertaining explanation that involves cover-ups at the highest levels of government.

I guess part of the problem is that any of the stories could be true. Taking an example, let's suppose the 'face' on Mars really is a face and it was built by an intelligent civilization living on Mars. In order to pull this off, you've got to get a large number of people at JPL, NASA, etc in on the plan to retouch any new images. The face has to be doctored so that it doesn't look like a face anymore, along with any other evidence that might be photographed. You've now got dozens, if not hundreds of people in on the conspiracy, yet somehow they manage keep it a secret, at least until someone like Hoagland comes along and exposes it.

To me, this is just a little too much to believe. Three guys can't rob a liquor store without one of them bragging about the deed to his friends, yet we're to believe dozens of scientists, who supposedly dedicate their lives to the pursuit of knowledge, are able to keep quiet. I'm just not buying it.

Well it wouldn't necessarily need to be that complex of a cover-up inside nasa. I mean the images arent broadcast to the entirety of the NASA workforce, whos to say it isn't sent to a small team who analyses them and checks with a boss, and then these are filtered down to everyone else.

I don't believe hoagland, but i don't believe what he says is impossible either, or further still, even highly unlikely. It all seems possible just completely contrary to an intelligent mind's train of thought. conspiracies are sexy though :wink:

If recent hurricanes really have displayed anomalous behavior that meteorology cannot explain, you could always buy the Al Qaeda theory that God is doing it.

1. What caused the weather patterns of hurricanes Katrina and Rita?

The weather patterns of hurricanes Katrina and Rita were caused by a combination of factors, including warm ocean temperatures, low atmospheric pressure, and wind patterns. These factors created the ideal conditions for the formation and intensification of these hurricanes.

2. How were the weather patterns of hurricanes Katrina and Rita analyzed?

The weather patterns of hurricanes Katrina and Rita were analyzed using data from various sources, including satellite imagery, weather stations, and computer models. Scientists also studied the historical data of past hurricanes to gain insights into the patterns and behavior of these storms.

3. What made the weather patterns of hurricanes Katrina and Rita particularly severe?

The weather patterns of hurricanes Katrina and Rita were particularly severe due to their strength and size. Both hurricanes reached Category 5 status, with sustained winds of over 150 mph. Additionally, their paths brought them over highly populated areas, resulting in widespread devastation and loss of life.

4. Were there any anomalous weather patterns during hurricanes Katrina and Rita?

Yes, there were several anomalous weather patterns during hurricanes Katrina and Rita. These included the rapid intensification of the storms and the unusual paths they took, which deviated from the typical hurricane tracks in the region.

5. What can we learn from the analysis of the weather patterns of hurricanes Katrina and Rita?

The analysis of the weather patterns of hurricanes Katrina and Rita can provide valuable insights into the behavior and impacts of these powerful storms. It can also help in developing better forecasting and disaster preparedness strategies to mitigate the effects of future hurricanes in the region. Additionally, studying these weather patterns can contribute to our understanding of climate change and its potential impact on the frequency and intensity of hurricanes.