Physics Forums

Physics Forums (http://www.physicsforums.com/index.php)
-   Current Events (http://www.physicsforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Are Americans Dumbs ? (http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=290)

Zargawee Mar21-03 10:16 AM

Why Did Americans' Elected Bush ?

A president represents his comunity and he is the best one of them .
and as everyone agrees , Bosh is considered a VERY STUPID PERSON ...
So .... ( Compare To Above )

Why some of you agreed for him to be president ?

EDITED

Njorl Mar21-03 10:39 AM

No, Americans are not "dumbs". I imagine that we are pretty much of average intelligence. We have a political system in which the people almost choose the president directly. It doesn't require that much intelligence to get elected. It is actually seen as a hindrance to be too intelligent. Most people, not just Americans, don't like or trust those who are smarter than themselves. Bill Clinton used to pretend to be a "dumb hick" to win votes.

In most countries, the leader is someone most capable of killing off or intimidating his rivals. This requires a good deal of intelligence. Most democratic countries have parliamentary systems, in which the leader is chosen by the political party in charge. Convincing your party to choose you usually requires more intelligence than convincing the general public.

Njorl

Nicool003 Mar21-03 10:45 AM

No Americans are NOT DUMB and no President Bush is not dumb!

and By the way zargawee your country is in the coalition that is on our side so why are you against us?

Greg Bernhardt Mar21-03 10:46 AM

I'm sorry Zarg, bu this topic is "dumb".

Kerrie Mar21-03 10:51 AM

if you are sorry for the offensive title of this thread, then why did you post it?
it seems obvious to me that you dislike americans just because of our ape of a president..before making an ignorant claim as this, you may need to do your research and really see how our president is voted in...and once you become EDUCATED on the process, you will see that when it comes to the american president, the american individual does not have the final say..

i also find this topic non-productive of the support of humanity...you are able excercise your free speech in what you think, but that does not mean it will be positive in what you are attempting to communicate...it is this attitude that is (in my opinion) supportive of terrorism, war, and hate crimes...ultimately, there is only one race, and that is the human race..

Zargawee Mar21-03 10:52 AM

Quote:

and By the way zargawee your country is in the coalition that is on our side so why are you against us?
That's Right ... Jordan Is With USA .
But You Have to Remember That Some of Jordanians are from palestinian roots ( I'm not ) , So , since Bush is the biggest supporter to Israel , we hate him .
ad Everyone has the right to give his opinion , and most of the US Poeple think that Bush is dumb , and doesn't deserve to govern the most powerful country in the world.

STAii Mar21-03 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Njorl
Convincing your party to choose you usually requires more intelligence than convincing the general public.
Umm ... not quite.
You do not have to be intelligent yourself to be elected, your election campaing must be intelligent, and that does not mean you are intelligent.
It is possible that you are totally dumb, but the person that is managing your campaign is extremly intelligent (and has experience), so you win the elections.
I am not saying you only need to have a good campaing manager to win the elections (you will need to be well known, conveince people you will make their life better ... etc), but i am talking about the intelligence part of it.

Kerrie Mar21-03 10:53 AM

one more comment to post here:

in america, as we are in iraq fighting an (unnecessary) war, we are also encouraged to not be prejudiced against the people of the arabic nations, only saddam hussein...i find your topic most hypocritical..

Zargawee Mar21-03 10:59 AM

Quote:

this attitude that is (in my opinion) supportive of terrorism, war, and hate crimes...
Not True !
If Bush was removed from Us Government , Wars like Gulf war 3 , Afghanistan ... etc. Wouldn't happen , and would stop.
Remember that Wars is the reason why terrorist make actions, for example , France Is always a supporter of peace , that's why none of the Terrorists Attack it .

Greg Bernhardt Mar21-03 11:02 AM

Quote:

most of the US Poeple think that Bush is dumb
How in the world can you make this conclusion, especially living in Jordan?

Greg Bernhardt Mar21-03 11:04 AM

Quote:

France Is always a supporter of peace
lol

russ_watters Mar21-03 11:04 AM

Quote:

Are Americans Dumbs?
ROFLMAO. Is any response really requried?

Zargawee Mar21-03 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Greg Bernhardt
I Read Alot ... Specially English And American newspapers .

Or Maybe Your Madia Wants Him to Look Like that ?

N_Quire Mar21-03 11:08 AM

If September 11 had not happened, the invasion of Afghanistan would not have happened. If Saddam Hussein had complied with the United Nations resolutions on disarmament, Iraq would not have been invaded.

Before September 11, Bush had very little interest in foreign affairs. He would have been happy to let countries get on with their own affairs had it not been for September 11.

Bush is not dumber than most. What makes him better than Saddam Hussein is that he believes in democracy and freedom and is willing to step down if voted out of office.

STAii Mar21-03 11:18 AM

So because someone has been more intelligent that the US defenses, Bush is taking revenge of the whole world ?

Zargawee Mar21-03 11:23 AM

Let me Point to something about this topic .
Week Ago , I read about a book titled "Why do poeple hate america ?" , I Wanted To Buy It , But It wasn't available yet.
Anyway , The article written in the newspaper said that the book says :"The Peoeple hate america because of The US Government Actions" ( I'm Not Sure Of The Text ) ...

So I Think That The Person Who Is Responsible for this Government Should Be Repolaced.

That's What Inspired Me To Start This Topic.

N_Quire Mar21-03 11:25 AM

Zargawee,
We have elections in America. If people are dissatisfied with Bush at election time, they will vote him out of office. If they have confidence in him, they will re-elect him. It is as simple as that.

Zargawee Mar21-03 11:32 AM

Well , this Means That It's Allowed To Act Like An angel Befoire Election , And like Devil After it ....
the constitution of election has bugs ... I Believe than No system is perfect , but this is a very big bug ... and very bad one