The theme this week is on "icons". The picture must contain a landmark or symbol that clearly is identifiable with a particular location, city or country. For example, a picture of the Empire State Building would be an icon for New York City, or a picture of a plate of beignets would certainly be identifiable to New Orleans (however, anyone showing a picture of french fries as an icon for France will have his/her head smacked!).
Since we have participants and voters from all over the world, what is familiar to you may not be familiar to others. So it is to your benefit to briefly describe what is in your picture.
1. Any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. In case there's a grey area, or you're not sure if the picture is suitable, check with me first.
2. Please resize your digital photo to no more than 650 x 490 or 490 x 650 pixels. You may also crop your picture if you wish. But other than that, any form of picture editing or modification is not allowed. This is a photo contest, not a picture editing/special effect contest. You may add a watermark or your name/nickname to the photo for identification purposes.
3. Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack. Then post it the relevant contest thread and link your picture using the img command. PM me if you do not know how.
4. Only ONE picture per member per contest.
5. At the end of the contest period, I will open a poll and every PF member can vote for the picture they like best.
6. Note that in case we have a large number of entries, I will do the polling in more than one thread. If that's the case, you can vote in each of the polling threads. The photos will be assigned in the the polling threads in the order they were submitted.
7. These pictures must be something that you took, not something taken off someone else's photo albums or taken by someone else. I have no way of checking if you did this, so we'll go by the honor system.
8. You can use a picture only once. Once it is used in a contest, it cannot be reused in another contest.
9. Please post only pictures meant for submission in this thread.