Who Was Jack the Ripper According to South African Historian?

• News
  • Thread starter marlon
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the identity of Jack the Ripper, with a South African historian suggesting that Prince Albert Victor is a strong candidate. Some members express their interest in solving the mystery, while others joke about the possibility of it being a conspiracy or a noncorporeal lifeform, as seen in a Star Trek episode. The conversation ends with Marlon admitting his lack of knowledge on the topic and expressing his preference for Dracula.
marlon
According to some South African historian http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070502/ap_en_ot/safrica_jack_the_ripper is a very good candidate.

Well, if you like this "solving a mystery" stuff (i do) you might want to check this out.

To me, Jack the Ripper has always been a very interesting "figure".

marlon

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Prince Albert Victor.. He is the perfect candidate for such heinous crimes.

Everyone knows it was George W Bush and the neocons. DUH. Its just a big conspiracy to pin it on prince Albert as a prelude to an invasion of England. DUH.

I always thought it was you Marlon.

Off topic, but you guys (cyrus and marlon) really make a nice couple with these avatars. :tongue2:

cyrusabdollahi said:
I think it's Cyrus. He's even changed his avatar in an attempt to throw us off the scent :biggrin:

Gotta say it: Roddenberry solved this one in 1967.

A noncorporeal lifeform that has existed for centuries by journeying from planet to planet and feeding off fear

...aka Redjac, Kesla on Deben II, Beratis on Rigel IV, and last seen as Hengist.
http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/library/character/bio/1114621.html

Come on Marlon, catch up! :biggrin:

cyrusabdollahi said:

I am more of a Dracula type myself, but i appreciate the fact that you considered me to be a candidate.

Thanks

marlon

Ivan Seeking said:
Gotta say it: Roddenberry solved this one in 1967.

A noncorporeal lifeform that has existed for centuries by journeying from planet to planet and feeding off fear

...aka Redjac, Kesla on Deben II, Beratis on Rigel IV, and last seen as Hengist.
http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/library/character/bio/1114621.html

Come on Marlon, catch up! :biggrin:

:rofl:

Clearly, i need to get into this "field" more deeply.

marlon

1. Who was Jack the Ripper?

Jack the Ripper is the name given to an unidentified serial killer who terrorized the Whitechapel district of London in 1888. The killer's identity has never been conclusively determined.

2. How many victims did Jack the Ripper have?

Jack the Ripper is believed to have killed at least five, and possibly as many as eleven, women between August and November 1888. However, the exact number of victims is still debated among experts.

3. What were Jack the Ripper's methods of murder?

Jack the Ripper's victims were all women, and he typically targeted prostitutes. His preferred method of killing was by slashing their throats and then mutilating their bodies. He would often remove organs and leave them at the crime scenes.

4. Did Jack the Ripper ever get caught?

No, the killer was never caught or identified. Despite numerous suspects and theories, the case remains unsolved. Some experts believe that the killer may have died or been institutionalized after the murders stopped abruptly in November 1888.

5. How did Jack the Ripper get his infamous nickname?

The name "Jack the Ripper" was first used in a letter sent to the Central News Agency in September 1888. The killer himself may have been responsible for writing the letter, which included details about the murders and was signed "Jack the Ripper". The name quickly became associated with the case and has been used ever since.