View Single Post
turbo
Jun13-07, 06:56 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,367
Well, I languished for several years with an Olympus 3040 Zoom after selling off my OM-1s (4 of them) and OM-4 and a nice selection of prime Zuiko Lenses. It took a while before I thought DSLRs had progressed to the point at which I could jump in with a reasonable expectation of quality images and not get taken to the cleaners.

My wife and I have been together for nearly 33 years now, and we have leap-frogged through 5 houses in that time (buying, fixing up, and selling) to get to our little dream retirement log house in the country with a nice garden spot and ~10 acres of woods. Patience and discipline will get you there, and I'm sure you'll do well. Good luck with the home ownership thing - building equity sure beats paying rent!!

Edit: I spent most of the day weeding this: (look at the last post in the thread) It may seem like overkill owning two large chest freezers, but when you can walk out to the garage and pick out what you'll have for tomorrow's supper without paying a cashier at the local food-o-rama, it feels pretty good, especially when you're sure that you're not going to be eating pesticide residue and/or coming down with an e coli infection.

http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=74652