View Single Post
RonL
Jun12-08, 09:30 AM
PF Gold
P: 702
Quote Quote by Argentina View Post
I think that the end of this discussion is to build a series of different sizes of turbines and variables. Compress air and get how much energy it takes to do it, then expand it on the different turbines, at different pressures and speed to see how much energy you recover. If nobody wants to modeling the system by computer to get the best values of the turbine, disc, gap dimensions and speed of the fluid in motion. The practice will be the only way out. I'm trying to find someone who do the modeling because i have to make a thesis to end my career of mechanical engineering.
Hi Argentina, and Isarmann

It would be great if you find a thermal modeling program to evaluate the turbine action, and share with the forum, your findings.

It is my thinking that, the compression of air you mention above, has to be a part of the turbine's energy cycle or you have too much loss outside the system.
A closed loop system should look exactly like a heat pump, with the turbine acting as the expansion valve, and giving it the ability to expand and contract the space between the blades, while turning, is important to the pressure/vacuum buildups.

So many things can be done with the basic design, it is good to see experimenters looking at Tesla's idea.

RonL