View Single Post
varga
Mar14-10, 04:32 AM
P: 64
Quote Quote by Matterwave
I'm just going to address this one point. If magnetic and electric fields don't interact, then how can you get propagation of an EM wave? In an electro-magnetic wave, the changing electric fields induce a changing magnetic field and vice-versa. That's how you get to propagate that wave out.
Photon is made of how many electric and magnetic fields, you say?

Please show me that equation where I can see how E and B interact.

How would you explain all of EM radiation if you assert that electric fields and magnetic fields don't interact? I would like to know this.
I'm using the same E and B fields as Maxwell, only I do calculations per point particle, so why do you think I would not to arrive to the same result?

Quote Quote by Born2bwire
Electromagnetic waves do not need sources to propagate. There are no forces or accelerations, there are no charges or currents.
- What is the relation between the speed of light and the curl of the curl of E and B field?

- Can E and B interact, do we add magnetic and electric vectors, do we superimpose them, or do electric only interact with electric and magnetic with magnetic fields?

Again, you are using static equations for time-varying situations. This will not work.
How about we take on some practical experiment and actually see what will work and what will not work?

Quote Quote by DaleSpam
I would very much like to see that. Kindly post your derivation of the wave equation from only Coulomb, Lorentz force, and Biot-Savart.
Me too, but without any help, I'll need time. Do you think Maxwell's equations were not derived from Coulomb's law and Biot-Savart law?

Yes, they do. Google "induction".
No, they do not. I explained 'induction' above. Please, show the equation you believe describes this interaction of E and B field.

c, which agrees with experiment. Infinity does not.
What is expression for E and B in Maxwell's equations?

Quote Quote by kcdodd
You can think of maxwells equations as equations of motion for the field, and the lorentz force as EOM for the currents.
Yes, kind of like that, but the other way around.
This the whole point behind my arguments, thanks for that.

1.) Maxwell's equation are about em field potentials - Coulomb's law and Biot-Savart law, but approximated in relation to currents and charge densities.

2.) Lorentz force equation is about em fields and forces - Coulomb's law, Biot-Savart law, Coulomb and Lorentz force, but in relation to point charges, no approximations.

These two deal with the same E and B fields, all the same constants are there, all the relations, divergence, curl, flux or whatever is there. There is nothing in 1. that is not in 2, but there are things in 2. that are not in 1. Were approximations for charge densities and current potentials in Maxwell's equations derived from the point particle equations or was it the other way around?