View Single Post
anubis01
Sep7-10, 08:01 PM
P: 150
Quote Quote by am2010 View Post
Thanks G01!

Is it possible that physicists can have difficulty computing equations but not with the actual idea itself (Thus using math, however difficult, as the summation of that idea)?
Actual Physics requires a lot of derivation of equations to produce a result, a firm understanding of computing equations would be a prerequisite before you could try deriving an equation.

One thing to consider is that if you decide to go into Physics, you will most likely have to get a PHD if you want to work in the Physics field. Thatís 4 years for a B.Sc, another 4 for a PHD and after that you would have to do 1-2 post docs where you work at a university. This is a fairly long road ahead of you, and you should be aware of that.

In my case, I was a Physics student, but after two years of study, I realized that although I really liked Physical Concepts, I wasn't so found of actual Laboratory work, which as a Physicist you would be doing a lot of. So even though I finished my last semester with an A- average, I've switched programs.

So my advice to you is before you make any switch, you have to take a couple of Physics/Mathematics courses, and you should also take a semester long Physics Laboratory course for good measure. If after all that, you find that you're enjoying the course material than you should switch into a Physics program, if not then you're better off staying in Law.