View Single Post
douglis
Jan28-12, 05:58 PM
P: 148
Quote Quote by waynexk8 View Post
Not sure if I get you there, as the fast produced more Newtons, yes ??? So more Newtons is more total or overall force, right ??? As how can more N be the same ???
No...the total/overall force(effect of force over time...impulse) is given by N*s...NOT by N.
The more N means greater peak force as they also state by themselves("Concentric strength(N) = Fmax in the push")

integrated electromyography uses RMS, like my machine, I can set it for as many samples as I want. [b]You have to use RMS to perform the integration. Do you know what Integrated means ??? Combining or coordinating separate elements so as to provide a harmonious, interrelated whole = RMS.
Yes...but you must also normalize the raw EMG data in order to integrate.Check the paragraph " materials and methods".It's described pretty well.The equation (1) shows that the integration is done for the normalized data.
http://jmbe.bme.ncku.edu.tw/index.ph...ewFile/635/839

Anyway...this discussion is meaningless.The fact is that the RMS is the 70% of the peak and naturally higher in fast lifting.End of story.

I showed you the those press up studies were flawed, in that it was total muscle activity they took, and as the slow went on for longer.

Wayne
Those press up studies are perfectly designed...your mind is flawed.
For example....compare the durations and the Total Muscle Activations.

Slow push ups:Duration=101.2 sec.....TMA(triceps)=3145.29
Fast push ups:Duration= 84.2sec......TMA(triceps)=2138.91

The duration of the slow push ups is only ~20% greater but the Total Muscle Activation is ~47% greater.This is a direct PROOF that slow push ups have greater muscle activation per unit of time.
We have such a well designed study examining exactly what you're looking for and you're still around forums saying NONSENSE.