View Single Post
waynexk8
Feb10-12, 07:22 PM
P: 399
Quote Quote by sophiecentaur View Post
Wayne. As you do not know how that EMG machine works, you cannot insist about what it tells you.
If you insist "it must" it's up to you to prove it. Our physics is quite self consistent at this level and needs no further justification. It's innocent until YOU prove it guilty.
Quote Quote by sophiecentaur View Post
Wayne. As you do not know how that EMG machine works, you cannot insist about what it tells you.
If you insist "it must" it's up to you to prove it. Our physics is quite self consistent at this level and needs no further justification. It's innocent until YOU prove it guilty.
However I have proved the physics equations are not right, as they have not added all the variables in, if they had, then why/how do you think that {and there are many studies on this} if you fail, being you hit temporary muscular failure roughly 50% faster when doing the faster reps, that the slower reps use the same total or overall force ??? Also you have not given me any equations.

As they cannot, as the faster reps have used up this total overall force faster. Let me prove this in more detail.

Clone a lifts slow, he lifts 80 pounds up and down at 3/3 for 60 seconds and letís say at exactly 60 seconds he hit momentary muscular failure, meaning he cannot lift the weight again.

Clone b lifts fast he lifts 80 pounds up and down for 30 seconds and letís say at exactly 30 seconds he hit momentary muscular failure, meaning he cannot lift the weight again.

You and D are saying at both 60 seconds and 30 seconds both clones have used the same temporary total or overall force, that is right is it not ???

If both held the weight half way up, they would both use up all their temporary total or overall at the exact same time. So on my faster reps, when the fast hits momentary muscular failure 50% this means he has used up his temporary total or overall force up faster, right ??? Actually heís used up his temporary total or overall force and energy faster, as you cannot have or use one up without the other.

A,
The force at work on a barbell with a weight of 200kg and an Acceleration of 2m/s 200 x 2 = 400N = 400N at every instant in time ???
B,
The force at work on a barbell with a weight of 200kg and no acceleration, the weight is moving at .2m/s 200 x .2 = 40N at every instant in time ???

As you both seem to say that when we both hit momentary muscular failure, whether I am lifting the weight for 30 seconds or 60 seconds, you say I am using the same temporary total or overall force??? [/b]So are you also saying, that if I hold the weight half way up for 30 seconds and then 60 seconds, that I am still then using the same temporary total or overall force ???[/b] But if we both use the exact same temporary total or overall force when we both hit temporary muscular failure, what would happen if I {as I have more time then you, as I fail roughly 50% faster} started lifting a lighter weight, then stopped when you hit temporary muscular failure ???

Why do I use more energy the exact same time I use more acceleration, and the exact same time I use more acceleration, I ďhaveĒ to use more force, but your saying this is not connected. Why is it that you only use the same energy, when you have travelled the same distance as me ??? As in 6 seconds I move the weight 6 times further.

Are you saying it takes the same temporary total or overall force to move a weight at a constant speed, and to accelerate it as fast as possible.

How/why does the EMG state more muscle activity in the faster reps ???

Wayne