View Single Post
zoobyshoe
Feb13-12, 06:01 AM
P: 5,630
Quote Quote by Alex_Sanders View Post
Last week, I suddenly got this drive to watch The Prince of Egypt, then I happen to stumble upon "When you believe" and got it rolling again and again.

2 days later, news came out that one of the singer were gone.

Make no mistake here, I had the drive to watch the cartoon movie, not to listen to the song, albeit I failed to find a free stream online I managed to found the u2b video of the theme song.

There was something extraordinary on this one for me: I hate music drama, and never had the slightest appetite for them. I'm an atheist, so I don't have the "vibe" or "ring" for the movie. But I got this really strange drive, not weak enough to let me ignore it as a whole, but not strong enough to let me ignore the song and continue searching for the movie.

And I'm not a fan of soul/R&B/Rap etc., yet I got temporarily addictive to that song.

May be there is something unexplainable in this universe, some kinda energetic connection? The link between spirits? Time to drobe a poncho and put on a Pocahontas headband?
Here's my spooky singer-death story:

Many years ago, in a galaxy far, far away, I was involved with a theater group and we were sitting around trying to think of a name for the play we were writing. John Lennon's song, Happiness Is A Warm Gun, came to mind as having the right sort of black humor, and I was trying to think of a title that would put people in mind of it without being a direct quote. I said, "Let's not call it 'Happiness is a Warm Gun', but something like 'The Finger on the Trigger'.

The phone rang and one girl went into the next room to answer it while the rest of us discussed my suggestion.

The girl came rushing back into the room, all hyper, and announced "JOHN LENNON HAS JUST BEEN SHOT!"

True story.