View Single Post
Feb26-12, 10:20 AM
P: 522
I'm not certain what you mean by "aviation control." If you're discussing Air Traffic Control, that's a specialty that has no academic degree.

If you're discussing control systems for aircraft, that's basically a degree in Control Systems Engineering. Most universities will give you a degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical Engineering, and that's enough to get your foot in the door. If you're really in to such degrees, you can find universities with a full curriculum on the subject, but they're not nearly as commonplace as the other three I cited.

Finally, if you're discussing the specific aerodynamics of flight controls, then you're really looking at aerospace engineering. Like Control Engineering, Aerospace Engineering is actually a cross-section of many disciplines. Many engineers actually have their degrees in something else and they simply found opportunities in this area.

Good Luck!