View Single Post
tmbrwlf730
Feb29-12, 01:12 AM
P: 39
I'm doing a computational emphasis at my university and since it is as I said an emphasis not a lot of classes are required for it. I look at other schools that offer a BS in computational physics and they require a lot more CS classes. What I'm looking for is some advice in which CS or EE courses I should take that might help me in computational physics. I've taken computer science I and an introduction to data structures course, I guess that'll be computer science II in some schools. I'm taking a machine language(programming) class over the summer. I'm taken what would be the equivalent of discrete math, discrete math is given in the CS department, I took mine in the math department. And I'm taking a numerical methods course. I've also taken an intro to computational physics and will be taking the advance course in the fall. I'm also currently taking numerical methods. There is a computer graphics class also being offered in the fall but I don't know how well that might help me with computational physics, maybe in simulations? Any help is welcomed and appreciated.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Security CTO to detail Android Fake ID flaw at Black Hat
Huge waves measured for first time in Arctic Ocean
Mysterious molecules in space