View Single Post
Jan20-13, 11:56 PM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
P: 9,850
Do you mean a torque arising from the reaction against the arms as they move through some fluid, or from the inertia of the arms themselves (or both)?
If the first, you need some expression for the force per unit length that arises for a given rate of movement of a section of the arm.