Register to reply

Pf Photo Contest - Ooh, baby, baby (6/2-6/09)

by Evo
Tags: baby, contest, or 09, photo
Share this thread:
ZapperZ
Jun5-07, 07:39 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 29,239
Quote Quote by turbo-1 View Post
Sorry, but the part about disposing my body in the wild is heart-attack certain. No joke. We owe a debt to the creatures that sustain us. I have a hard time justifying the feed-lot treatment of the animals that are processed to feed us.
I replied to your quotation of what *I* said, not what you said.

Zz.
Evo
Jun5-07, 11:35 AM
Mentor
P: 26,422
I have a picture of one of the new kittens I found, but I took it on the Child of Evo's cell phone and I am still waiting for her to e-mail it to me.
Evo
Jun9-07, 11:45 AM
Mentor
Since I dropped the ball on the flower's contest, I will allow pictures until tomorrow.
turbo
Jun9-07, 12:37 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,363
Here is one of this year's crop of squirrels - born in the woodpile in the cellar under our garage. There are three of them and they are getting fat on the sunflower seeds that the goldfinches throw away (about half of what they take from the feeders). The babies are getting pretty tame and will let us get within a couple of feet.

chroot
Jun9-07, 12:42 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 10,429
Quote Quote by Evo View Post
Since I dropped the ball on the flower's contest, I will allow pictures until tomorrow.
Or is this just so you can have more time to get your kitten picture in?

- Warren
chroot
Jun9-07, 12:43 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 10,429
Here is one of this year's crop of squirrels - born in the woodpile in the cellar under our garage. There are three of them and they are getting fat on the sunflower seeds that the goldfinches throw away (about half of what they take from the feeders). The babies are getting pretty tame and will let us get within a couple of feet.
I'll save Evo the trouble: this picture is too big, and needs to be resized to meet the rules.

- Warren
turbo
Jun9-07, 12:49 PM
PF Gold
Quote Quote by chroot View Post
I'll save Evo the trouble: this picture is too big, and needs to be resized to meet the rules.

- Warren
All fixed!
Evo
Jun9-07, 01:04 PM
Mentor
Quote Quote by chroot View Post
Or is this just so you can have more time to get your kitten picture in?

- Warren
Why, of course not!!!
Moonbear
Jun9-07, 01:06 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,271
Ooh, baby squirrels are so cute too! This is going to be a killer competition for choosing just one to vote for.
turbo
Jun9-07, 04:03 PM
PF Gold
Quote Quote by Moonbear View Post
Ooh, baby squirrels are so cute too! This is going to be a killer competition for choosing just one to vote for.
I have quite a few pictures of this one. He was ready to race up the steps to our back deck and saw me sitting at the top of the stairs (I had my camera out to try to get hummingbird pictures) and he ran back down and perched on a landscape timber to scold me for using "his" deck. I selected this picture mostly because he had that petulant lower-lip thing going. Even baby red squirrels have attitude!
turbo
Jun9-07, 04:07 PM
PF Gold
Quote Quote by Moonbear View Post
Woo hoo! I definitely have a picture for this one. I went out this spring and got some pictures of the little lambs. Now, as soon as I can get imageshack to upload the dang photo. (Is it just me, or is that site getting really slow lately?)
Imageshack is getting really slow on the uploading end. They derive income from the ads that you get on the upload page. The cynical side of me says that the more times they can make you reload that page, the more ad-views are registered and the more they make. I have gone over to Photobucket. Very reliable and fast, with no "connection reset" errors.
larkspur
Jun9-07, 06:13 PM
P: 791

What a cutie!!
Evo
Jun9-07, 06:31 PM
Mentor
Here is the kitten I named Little Bear. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find a home for him and he will be put to sleep next week.

0TheSwerve0
Jun9-07, 06:46 PM
P: 405
This is a picture of one of two baby squirrel monkeys at the Oakland zoo. They hold onto their mothers' back for months until they can start fending for themselves.

Integral
Jun10-07, 01:15 AM
Mentor
P: 7,314
Another after the wire, omg, is it already that late entry.

Meet GAlinda.

turbo
Jun12-07, 01:35 PM
PF Gold
Evo, what happened? No poll??
Evo
Jun12-07, 01:56 PM
Mentor
Evo, what happened? No poll??
I can't do it at work and I've been on dial up at home because I needed a new DSL splitter. I might be back in business tonight.
turbo
Jun12-07, 02:00 PM
PF Gold
Quote Quote by Evo View Post
I can't do it at work and I've been on dial up at home because I needed a new DSL splitter. I might be back in business tonight.
Ooh, that stinks! I lost DSL a few weeks ago and was on dial-up for several days. Yuck!!

Register to reply