Force between two electromagnets due to direct flux and radial flux

In summary, the conversation is about the force between two electromagnets of rectangular cross-section. The question is regarding the force due to fluxes between the direct face to face and radial positions, and if there is an exact formula or source for this information. However, there is no answer in the general case and the use of FEM software may be necessary. More details, such as the presence of iron and induction, may provide an answer. The specific scenario given involves one fixed and one rotating electromagnet and the question is about the force at the initial position and when it is moving.
jinoy
I want to know about the FORCE BETWEEN TWO ELECTROMAGNET OF RECTANGULAR CROSS-SECTION. The force due to the fluxes both direct face to face and radial seperately. Also I like to get the exact formula or the source from where I get that. Can anyone help me? pls.

Physics news on Phys.org
Nobody know about this?

Well, if you can simplify the situation, then there are answers. For instance:

- If your magnets have no iron

- If your magnets have iron and are close enough, and preferably you know the induction

So if you give more details, maybe you get an answer. In the general case, there is none. You'd have to rely on an FEM software.

At first ,Thanks for ur reply
ie situation is two electromagnets. One is fixed other is moving. At first they are in face to face. Then the moving magnet start rotating in its on axis. I want to find out the force at initial position and force when it moving also.
If u have any idea pls reply.

1. What is the difference between direct flux and radial flux?

Direct flux refers to the magnetic field that is created between two electromagnets when they are placed directly facing each other. Radial flux, on the other hand, is the magnetic field that is created when the two electromagnets are placed at an angle to each other.

2. How is the force between two electromagnets affected by the distance between them?

The force between two electromagnets is directly proportional to the distance between them. As the distance increases, the force decreases, and vice versa.

3. Can the force between two electromagnets be controlled?

Yes, the force between two electromagnets can be controlled by adjusting the strength of the magnetic field or by changing the distance between the two magnets.

4. How does the strength of the magnetic field affect the force between two electromagnets?

The stronger the magnetic field, the greater the force between the two electromagnets. This is because a stronger magnetic field means more magnetic flux, which results in a stronger force.

5. Is the force between two electromagnets affected by the size or shape of the magnets?

Yes, the force between two electromagnets can be affected by the size and shape of the magnets. Generally, larger and more symmetrical magnets will create a stronger force between them.