Register to reply

Which books or papers explain short-channel effect very clearly and detailedly?

Share this thread:
xhwubai
Dec23-08, 10:11 AM
P: 10
Either books or papers are OK!

Thanks!
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Study links polar vortex chills to melting sea ice
Lab unveil new nano-sized synthetic scaffolding technique
Cool calculations for cold atoms: New theory of universal three-body encounters
yungman
Dec28-08, 01:24 AM
P: 3,898
Quote Quote by xhwubai View Post
Either books or papers are OK!

Thanks!
I copy a few pages in pdf, hope you can open it because I have problem shrinking down to small enough file. You might have to wait for a day for moderator to approve. Hope this will help.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Short channel.pdf (1.80 MB, 25 views)
xhwubai
Jan3-09, 11:01 AM
Thank you very much! Any more?

yungman
Jan4-09, 12:05 AM
P: 3,898
Which books or papers explain short-channel effect very clearly and detailedly?

Quote Quote by xhwubai View Post
Thank you very much! Any more?
Not from me anymore!! I study this for very short time. I thought it explained pretty well but what do I know, I am not specialized in this field, I just study it for my interest once few years back.

Look into GaAs FETs and other modern FETs theory, that is where short channel stuff is.
xhwubai
Apr13-11, 11:06 AM
Quote Quote by yungman View Post
Not from me anymore!! I study this for very short time. I thought it explained pretty well but what do I know, I am not specialized in this field, I just study it for my interest once few years back.

Look into GaAs FETs and other modern FETs theory, that is where short channel stuff is.
Thanks a lot! could you tell the name and author of the book you uploaded?
seang
Apr14-11, 02:15 PM
P: 185
There is a classic text by Sze and Ng which will give you an overview of these things.

When you want to know about short-channel effects, a good place to start is device scaling.

Let's say, in a MOSFET, you want to scale a device, but keep the same electric field in the gate oxide. Well, to accomplish this, one has to decrease the channel doping, which in turn makes your source and drain depletion lengths longer, which is sort of the root of short channel effects.

In your reading, you will find reasons for wanting to keep the same electric field in the oxide. From there, you can understand why Intel and people are always looking for exotic gate materials, like the presently-used Hafnium oxide.

Good luck!
xhwubai
Apr17-12, 09:12 AM
Quote Quote by seang View Post
There is a classic text by Sze and Ng which will give you an overview of these things.

When you want to know about short-channel effects, a good place to start is device scaling.

Let's say, in a MOSFET, you want to scale a device, but keep the same electric field in the gate oxide. Well, to accomplish this, one has to decrease the channel doping, which in turn makes your source and drain depletion lengths longer, which is sort of the root of short channel effects.

In your reading, you will find reasons for wanting to keep the same electric field in the oxide. From there, you can understand why Intel and people are always looking for exotic gate materials, like the presently-used Hafnium oxide.

Good luck!
Thanks a million!

Register to reply