What is the salary of neurosurgeons?

• Thread starter Englishman
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Salary
In summary: I am going to be a neurosurgeon, and I am aware that it is one of the most competitive specialties to get into. In terms of salary, the current average for neurosurgeons is $700,000 per year, with the potential for $1,000,000 per year for top performers and $400,000 per year for those who are not as skilled. However, it's important to factor in expenses such as malpractice insurance, which can range from $50,000 to $300,000 per year. Additionally, becoming a neurosurgeon requires a significant investment of time and money, with the potential for medical school loans and several years of relatively low salaries during residency and fellowship. It's also important
well i want to be a neurosurgeon bcuz i really enjoy neuroscience and surgery from the age of 4. i have done many science fair projects that made it to the international level and also my cousin just recently graduated frm college to be a neurosurgeon. His starting salry is around $300000 and he will receive pay raises and benefits. I think medicine is an excellent field to go into and I don't believe neurosurgeon pay will get cut that much. currently in the city where I live there is a neurosurgery position for $500,000 the requirements is board certification and a degree so that a great starting salary. I'm seeking that job hopefully its still there when i graduate.While I am in college for 5 to 7 year your salary will be around $45K to $60K. I also have an uncle who is neurosurgeon and he makes about $850000 a year. he said it took him about 6 years to pay off all his debt but he was still happen to offord a nice home in the gated community he lives in now
MEDICINE IS THE CAREER FIELD TO GO INTO