sup yall \o/

by pease
Tags: o or, yall
pease
Oct6-09, 04:40 PM
P: n/a
just googled "teaching yourself calculus" and this was first site to pop up.. Been looking for an educated forum for a while anyways

seems like a good place to converse and ask questions, as math has always been my strong point. Can't stand the sheer amount of school for a Phd, though...so I'm in computer science ...starting to really hate it ..
...was drooling over Puma Punku for a while....walls nearly as hard as diamond, perfectly cut lines!!! estimated over 15,000 years old O_O....for all us crazies to consider. . and discovering my real love is archaeology and ancient anthropology, but not really sure if it melds with math too much.. Speaking of...

also...just finished A canticle for leibowitz -- if anyone's in to apocalyptic scenarios...Okay, there's my contribution for the day, interested in reading responses

oh yeah, calculus...it's on my bucket list -- at least have to take a crack at it, any links or book titles would be nice :)) Keep in mind I don't buy data
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
SensaBubble: It's a bubble, but not as we know it (w/ video)
The hemihelix: Scientists discover a new shape using rubber bands (w/ video)
Microbes provide insights into evolution of human language
lisab
Oct6-09, 08:06 PM
Mentor
P: 2,917
Hi pease! Welcome to PF, I hope you like it here.
WhoWee
Oct6-09, 09:26 PM
P: 1,123
Welcome to PF pease. You should be able to make a lot of new friends here with similar interests.

protonchain
Oct6-09, 09:47 PM
P: 97

sup yall \o/

Welcome to PF. Beware. There be nerds about.
lisab
Oct6-09, 10:02 PM
Mentor
P: 2,917
Quote Quote by protonchain View Post
Welcome to PF. Beware. There be nerds about.
...they walk among us....
DaveC426913
Oct6-09, 10:21 PM
P: 15,325
Quote Quote by pease View Post

also...just finished A canticle for leibowitz -- if anyone's in to apocalyptic scenarios...Okay, there's my contribution for the day, interested in reading responses
Wow. I read that ... mmm ... 30 years ago, at the behest of my older brother. Could not stand it. But I persevered (I think. I don't know if I finished it, but I know I read a lot more of it than I wanted to.) I guess I didn't really realize it was a classic.

You should be warned, I couldn't make my way through any of the Dune books either. I tried sooo hard.

Also, Foundation. You know how you say "this is a classic movie" and someone else watahces it at your recommendation, and they don't have the same experience? That's me with Foundation.
Loren Booda
Oct6-09, 10:26 PM
P: 3,408
I found intriguing the following:

"They Wrote on Clay" by Edward Chiera (in used condition, but not outdated).

The enigmatic clay seals of the Indus River Valley Civilization (never out of date).

Register to reply