Where Can I Find Detailed Specifications for Single-Seater Passenger Planes?

• Thread starter kevjcarvalho
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Planes
In summary, the conversation discusses the search for specifications of a single seater passenger plane, including airfoil, chord length, wingspan, weight, fuselage length, and electronics used. The original poster mentions wanting to use the information as a reference for their own design, but others caution against relying on internet sources and the need for a thorough understanding of aerodynamics before attempting to design a plane.
kevjcarvalho
heyy does anyone know where i can get specifications of single seater passenger planes...i need airfoil, chord length, wingspan, weight, fuselage length, distance of wings from tailplane etc...really detail...even electronics used...pleasez help?

Physics news on Phys.org
You're not going to find this kind of proprietary information compiled into a single source.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bowers_Fly_Baby
I was looking to build one of these a while back but never got up to it for multiple reasons (Money, more money, and money). I have the plans for it some where... They cost about $115 I think. Not sure what the drill is here with torrents so I won't link you to one, but you can probably find professional plans on any torrent site.

If you're actually planning on building a plane though, I would go with the legit deal and buy the plans. Using plans you got off the Internet seems like a dangerous idea (Important instructions could be missing, etc) but for educational purposes, pirating is the way to go.

the thing is we don't want to copy the existing design...we just want to use it as a reference...we want be building the plane just the design...the building is really expensive...will torrents help...just want things like airfoil ,chord length, the things you don't get normally...thnx

No offense, but how are you guys going to design an airplane when you don't really know anything about aerodynamics?

come on...we really know aerodynamics...i can't say how much...but its obvious that we need to know it before we even dream to start designing a plane

1. What are the standard specifications of a commercial airplane?

The standard specifications of a commercial airplane include the dimensions, weight, fuel capacity, seating capacity, engine type and power, maximum speed, and range.

2. How are the specifications of a plane determined?

The specifications of a plane are determined through extensive research, testing, and design by aircraft engineers and manufacturers. Factors such as intended use, safety, and efficiency are taken into consideration.

3. What is the average lifespan of a commercial airplane?

The average lifespan of a commercial airplane is between 20 to 30 years, depending on the maintenance and usage of the aircraft.

4. What impact do specifications have on the performance of a plane?

The specifications of a plane directly affect its performance, such as its speed, range, and fuel efficiency. A plane with higher specifications may have better performance than one with lower specifications.

5. How do airplane specifications differ for different types of aircraft?

The specifications of an airplane can vary greatly depending on its intended use and design. For example, a commercial airplane will have different specifications than a military fighter jet or a cargo plane.