by Evo
Tags: baby, cold, evo
Ivan Seeking
Jan7-10, 06:32 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,493
It was noted on the weather report that it was warmer in Fairbanks than it was in Atlanta, this morning.

Tsu is in Kuwaii right now; basking in the sun, and swimming in 80 degree water.

Edit: ...drinking a Bloody Mary, on the beach. [she just called and wanted me to add that ]
Evo
Jan7-10, 06:45 PM
Mentor
P: 25,928
Quote Quote by lisab View Post
Cats are naturally house broken, they will seek out a place with sand, dirt, litter, etc. Find a shallow box and put some dirt in it...if the dirt is frozen and it won't shovel, improvise. Try shredded newspaper, maybe. I'm sure PFers will have other ideas.

Good for you for taking in an old cat on such a wicked cold night !
I was going to suggest shredded newspaper, cats like stuff like that, although Dr Foofer loved to sharpen his claws on paper and card board.
dlgoff
Jan7-10, 06:56 PM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 2,631
Okay thanks lisab. I don't take any newspapers, but I found enough paper to shred into a flat box. Tomorrow morning will tell if she likes it.
Evo
Jan7-10, 06:57 PM
Mentor
Quote Quote by Ivan Seeking View Post
It was noted on the weather report that it was warmer in Fairbanks than it was in Atlanta, this morning.

Tsu is in Kuwaii right now; basking in the sun, and swimming in 80 degree water.

Edit: ...drinking a Bloody Mary, on the beach. [she just called and wanted me to add that ]
Tell Tsu she's mean.
sylas
Jan7-10, 07:06 PM
Sci Advisor
P: 1,750
Quote Quote by Evo View Post
How's your weather?
Hot! Australia is having the opposite problem, with a heat wave, and it is expected to get worse in the next couple of weeks.

Can we arrange a trade? We have a couple of degrees spare available I'd like to send for you to use....

Hang in there. The storm you guys have been dealing with looks awful. Hope everyone is okay.

Cheers -- sylas
rootX
Jan7-10, 08:51 PM
P: 1,295
More on cold weather:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8445613.stm
(The video is about the global weather)
lisab
Jan7-10, 09:02 PM
Mentor
P: 2,915
This pic of an icy Britain looks like Siberia!
xxChrisxx
Jan7-10, 09:14 PM
P: 2,032
Wowowowwo

Thats a pretty cool (no pun) picture.
sas3
Jan7-10, 11:05 PM
PF Gold
P: 201
Here in Milwaukee it is in the 20's and snowing, we should get about 4 more inches tonight.
Not too bad for us cheese heads. The 20's, that's short sleeve shirt weather here.
Chronos
Jan7-10, 11:32 PM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 9,182
Hose your dogs down before putting them outside. They will be very efficient.
Math Is Hard
Jan7-10, 11:36 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 4,921
brrrr! It's 55 degrees F here. I'm putting on a jacket!
fuzzyfelt
Jan7-10, 11:39 PM
PF Gold
P: 742
Quote Quote by sylas View Post
Hot! Australia is having the opposite problem, with a heat wave, and it is expected to get worse in the next couple of weeks.

Can we arrange a trade? We have a couple of degrees spare available I'd like to send for you to use....

Hang in there. The storm you guys have been dealing with looks awful. Hope everyone is okay.

Cheers -- sylas
Whereabouts in Aust., Sylas?
sylas
Jan7-10, 11:55 PM
Sci Advisor
P: 1,750
Quote Quote by fuzzyfelt View Post
Whereabouts in Aust., Sylas?
I'm in Newcastle, just north of Sydney; which is actually coping very well. Adelaide is in the news at present for a bad weekend coming up, expected to reach temperatures above 40 on the next three days. 2009 was Australia's second hottest year on record, after 2005.

Cheers -- sylas

PS. 40C = 104F.
Pyrrhus
Jan8-10, 12:02 AM
HW Helper
P: 2,280
Cold? oh... I'm at the Caribbean at the moment for winter break. I was just swimming in the beach, and drinking some pina coladas.. I think tomorrow I'll go surfing again.. Anyways, enjoy the cold, and stay warm..
Evo
Jan8-10, 08:41 AM
Mentor
It will be -11F tonight, without the wind chill factor. This is crazy.
rewebster
Jan8-10, 09:26 AM
P: 880
Quote Quote by Cyclovenom View Post
Cold? oh... I'm at the Caribbean at the moment for winter break. I was just swimming in the beach, and drinking some pina coladas.. I think tomorrow I'll go surfing again.. Anyways, enjoy the cold, and stay warm..
what a nice optimistic attitude!
espen180
Jan8-10, 09:50 AM
P: 836
Today was a bit warmer than the previous few days. Around -23 (-9.4 F) at 8:30 and -20 C (-4 F) at 15:00. Here's hoping it rises further, though I'm beginning to get used to the chill.
lisab
Jan8-10, 10:06 AM
Mentor
P: 2,915
Quote Quote by rewebster View Post
what a nice optimistic attitude!
It's easy to be optimistic when you're on some Caribbean beach with a pina colada . Maybe we all should pay a visit to Cyclovenom!

Register to reply