Lindsey Vonn SI cover controversy

by DanP
Tags: controversy, lindsey, vonn
russ_watters
Feb14-10, 04:44 PM
Mentor
P: 22,008
Quote Quote by fourier jr View Post
i don't think she looks any better than any other skier. just check out this pic:

even with all the airbrushing sports illustrated probably does she still needs to get a face. you might say she's a "handsome" woman. there are dozens of olympic athletes who look at least better & they don't sell out to sports illustrated
I think her face looks better in the cover photo.
turbo
Feb17-10, 03:38 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,367
Vonn won gold in the downhill. Not just another pretty face!
Borek
Feb17-10, 03:44 PM
Admin
P: 22,712
Exactly - sex or no, she is fast

Have you seen Anja Paerson falling?
turbo
Feb17-10, 03:53 PM
PF Gold
Quote Quote by Borek View Post
Exactly - sex or no, she is fast

Have you seen Anja Paerson falling?
Not yet. NBC embargoes coverage until prime-time, so I'll have to watch tonight if I get a chance. I read that she went down HARD after almost 60 meters airborne - I hope she's not seriously injured.
Borek
Feb17-10, 04:15 PM
Admin
Eurosport transmitted live. I think problem was not when she landed after the fly (even if it wasn't controlled landing she still managed to land on the skis and heading in the right direction, she was just too far behind to keep balance), but she rolled after. Hard to say about injuries, after a minute or two she walked to the track side, but then she sit down or even laid back on the snow, I have not seen what have happened later.
turbo
Feb17-10, 04:27 PM
PF Gold
Eurosport transmitted live. I think problem was not when she landed after the fly (even if it wasn't controlled landing she still managed to land on the skis and heading in the right direction, she was just too far behind to keep balance), but she rolled after. Hard to say about injuries, after a minute or two she walked to the track side, but then she sit down or even laid back on the snow, I have not seen what have happened later.
I hope that she's not injured, and that she'll get to compete in other events she has qualified for. It would be sad to see a promising athlete knocked out of a competition that only comes around once in four years.
Borek
Feb17-10, 04:43 PM
Admin
Tell that to Petra Majdic - she won bronze today, but she was carried away after finishing; she was injured earlier today during training after falling into hole or ditch that was close to the track. You don't want to know what Polish comentators had to tell about Canucks.

This is OT, perhaps we should start an olimpic thread?
turbo
Feb17-10, 04:47 PM
PF Gold
Tell that to Petra Majdic - she won bronze today, but she was carried away after finishing; she was injured earlier today during training after falling into hole or ditch that was close to the track. You don't want to know what Polish comentators had to tell about Canucks.

This is OT, perhaps we should start an olimpic thread?
There already is one.
mgb_phys
Feb17-10, 04:51 PM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
P: 8,961
And she wins the Gold http://www.vancouver2010.com/olympic..._281828Mt.html

Register to reply