Tags: light, staff, weekend
Janus
Mar19-10, 02:16 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 2,352
Quote Quote by Moonbear View Post

I have to say, though, I'm glad I'm among the "retired" staff attending. I won't have to worry about checking in to make sure PF hasn't gone down in a ball of flame wars with everyone away. I'm looking forward to this trip. I really need a little break.
You know what? I hope you all have a horrible time!. (Well maybe not really, but it might make me feel a little better about having to miss it.)
ZapperZ
Mar19-10, 02:29 PM
Mentor
P: 28,836
Quote Quote by Janus View Post
You know what? I hope you all have a horrible time!. (Well maybe not really, but it might make me feel a little better about having to miss it.)
No need to be bitter about it, janus. We'll send you all those little umbrellas that come with our drinks! :)

Speaking of which, I should be on my way to the airport already! See you all there!

Zz.
Greg Bernhardt
Mar19-10, 02:31 PM
Admin
P: 8,542
Quote Quote by ZapperZ View Post
Speaking of which, I should be on my way to the airport already! See you all there!
I just got in a couple hours ago. Weather is good. Hotel does have wireless, muahaha.
Math Is Hard
Mar19-10, 02:33 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 4,921
Quote Quote by Evo View Post
Russ, check with Greg, I believe he has already arranged for your ticket.
I just got off the phone with the front desk. Small problem with Russ's room reservation.

Russ, could you bunk with Ivan? There is a pull-out bed and he has one of the larger rooms.
Lisa!
Mar19-10, 02:54 PM
PF Gold
P: 971
Quote Quote by Greg Bernhardt View Post
I just got in a couple hours ago. Weather is good. Hotel does have wireless, muahaha.
I'm sure you don't want to spoil your vacation by mentoring the forum anyway, so plz let us know when all of you have arrived there so we'll throw a party here at PF
Ivan Seeking
Mar19-10, 03:19 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,493
I'm on a red-eye flight late tonight.

Russ has to make the coffee in the morning.
turbo
Mar19-10, 03:55 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,367
Evo forgot to give me her banning gun. What will I do on PF Chat when somebody goes rogue? I sense trouble.
Borek
Mar19-10, 04:35 PM
Admin
P: 22,703
Plotters, please report to base. Red alert. We start tomorrow 6 am GMT.
Evo
Mar19-10, 04:37 PM
Mentor
P: 25,958
Quote Quote by turbo-1 View Post
Evo forgot to give me her banning gun. What will I do on PF Chat when somebody goes rogue? I sense trouble.
Quote Quote by Borek View Post
You two are in charge of chat if no mentor is there. Keep names. I should be able to check in off and on.
hypatia
Mar19-10, 06:04 PM
P: 1,296

First photos are coming !
Moonbear
Mar19-10, 07:53 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,257
I can't wait for the rest of you to get here! My flights were all on schedule (amazing!), so I just got in a little while ago. I'm wiped out from flying, but it's the middle of the afternoon here, so I'm going to head out to the pool in a few minutes and relax a couple hours until dinner, then probably turn in early. I can't wait for everyone else to get here, but after the time change this week and then the flight and time zone change to get here, I'm really glad I arrived a day early.

With the time change, I'll probably be up bright and early tomorrow. Perhaps a good day to catch the sunrise.

Edit: Ha ha...see how tired I am! I missed Greg's message that he's already here. I'll call your room before I head out to the pool and see if you're up for grabbing dinner together. If I miss you, just look for me by the pool.
Moonbear
Mar19-10, 08:15 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,257
Quote Quote by Math Is Hard View Post
I just got off the phone with the front desk. Small problem with Russ's room reservation.

Russ, could you bunk with Ivan? There is a pull-out bed and he has one of the larger rooms.
Isn't Tsu coming? I thought that's why they got the bigger room. I hope she'll still be joining us! You might want to check if Russ' reservation is mixed up with Redbelly's. Since Redbelly ended up having to cancel, and we had all the confusion of whether Russ was coming or not, maybe they canceled the wrong reservation?

If not, my room has a pull-out sofa too (sorry, only one bed) if Russ doesn't object to co-ed sharing (and it'll serve my boyfriend right for not being able to come with me...lol...I can have lots of fun teasing him that I'm already moving other men into my room. ). I'm sure between all of us, we can find a room for him to share...I just don't think it would be good to impose on Ivan and Tsu for that.
GeorginaS
Mar19-10, 08:37 PM
P: 379
Quote Quote by Borek View Post
Be there or be square. Which forum do you want to raid first?
lisab
Mar19-10, 09:41 PM
Mentor
P: 2,917
Quote Quote by GeorginaS View Post
Be there or be square. Which forum do you want to raid first?
We should start a pool on which mentor will need to be bailed out first.

Then we can start another fund for the bail.

Of course, MiH is the obvious favorite, but I'm not so sure....
zomgwtf
Mar19-10, 11:19 PM
P: 501
Quote Quote by lisab View Post

Oh boy MiH for sure, did you see her antics during New Years in the chat!
berkeman
Mar19-10, 11:35 PM
Mentor
P: 39,683
Quote Quote by zomgwtf View Post
Oh boy MiH for sure, did you see her antics during New Years in the chat!
Now, now. Take it easy on MIH guys.
berkeman
Mar19-10, 11:38 PM
Mentor
P: 39,683
Hey, that wasn't a bad flight at all. Starting from the west coast made it a lot easier. And the WiFi is cool. Nice choice for a venue, Greg.

I really needed this time away. We just shipped a really big product at work, and a couple of my EMT shifts lately have been very intense. Sand, warm water, ahhh.
GeorginaS
Mar19-10, 11:41 PM
P: 379
Quote Quote by lisab View Post

You're the woman in the know, so I'll follow your lead.

Register to reply