Register to reply

Magnetic field lines of a moving electron

Share this thread:
QED-Kasper
Mar28-10, 07:10 AM
P: 32
How do the magnetic field lines of a moving electron in a straight line look? What about the magnetic field lines of a rotating hydrogen electron? I mean the magnetic field produced due to the electron's intrinsic spin and due to its movement in a line or around an atom. I have searched this forum and the internet and I couldn't find a picture or explanation. Does anyone have a link to a nice picture of this, like that of a bar magnet's magnetic field lines, or a good explanation?

Another perhaps more simple question I have is: what is a common drift velocity observed in a superconductor? I know its very low in the electrical wires in our house for example (0.05 mm /s ). I read that in a superconductor the resistance (which as I understand is caused by electrons colliding with atoms) is virtually 0. So I assume the drift velocity of electrons in a superconductor is relatively high.
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
Physical constant is constant even in strong gravitational fields
Physicists provide new insights into the world of quantum materials
Nuclear spins control current in plastic LED: Step toward quantum computing, spintronic memory, better displays
QED-Kasper
Mar29-10, 04:46 PM
P: 32
I am checking this thread for any answers every few hours since I made it (just to let you know).

Register to reply