Tags: favorite, products
Share this thread:
Ivan Seeking
Feb15-10, 11:12 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,497
One in the news: Tsu and I are huge Toyota fans. The current problems do not concern us at all.

Tillamook Extra Sharp, White, Cheddar Cheese; aged two years+ Mmmmm, makes the best nachos!

If I'm going to eat a microwave dinner, about all that I can tolerate is Marie Calendar brand, which is often pretty decent for MW.

I love my Bunn Coffee Maker

Dell Computers - can't beat the customer service. I can buy a computer with an extended warranty and forget about any problems for at least three years. They even replaced a screen that I damaged through carelessness. When I consider the potential down time due to computer problems, the price of the warranty is insignificant. Also, I don't have to send anything away to the factory and wait for repairs. They either ship the parts or send someone to my house. I've bought seven Dells, I think [one for my parents], and plan to buy more.

Nirvana [Belgian] Chocolates. We got hooked while in Europe and have bought some at least once a year ever since.

Speaking of Europe - Nutella hazelnut spread is great stuff! Only recently have I seen it in local stores.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Sapphire talk enlivens guesswork over iPhone 6
Geneticists offer clues to better rice, tomato crops
UConn makes 3-D copies of antique instrument parts
DaveC426913
Feb15-10, 11:24 PM
P: 15,319
Quote Quote by Ivan Seeking View Post
Speaking of Europe - Nutella hazelnut spread is great stuff! Only recently have I seen it in local stores.
Nutella is the wolf-in-sheep's-clothing of food. It pretends to be a healthy food like peanut butter, but it's still a chocolate-bar-in-a-jar.

But mmmm so good...
Ivan Seeking
Feb16-10, 12:04 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Quote Quote by DaveC426913 View Post
Nutella is the wolf-in-sheep's-clothing of food. It pretends to be a healthy food like peanut butter, but it's still a chocolate-bar-in-a-jar.

But mmmm so good...
Actually, if you listen to their commercial carefully, they only say that it goes good with foods that are good for you. Had to lol when I heard that one!

hypatia
Feb16-10, 03:51 PM
P: 1,298
Name your favorite products

Formula 409 spray cleaner. I am sure its not good for the planet, but boy does it clean well.
Hefty zip-loc freezer storage bags, they are the best for long term freezing{get as much air out as possible}.
PT Barnum Animal Crackers, because they are great dipping in Nutella.
DaveC426913
Feb16-10, 05:02 PM
Quote Quote by Ivan Seeking View Post
Actually, if you listen to their commercial carefully, they only say that it goes good with foods that are good for you. Had to lol when I heard that one!
I know. But it's got my wife convinced. And I have to battle her at the store to keep it from coming home.
Doug Huffman
Feb16-10, 06:37 PM
P: 77
Heckler & Koch Volkswagen TDI OpenSource software OpenOffice.org Maxima GIMP HP-48GX Chemex coffee maker
Bartleby50
Mar16-10, 07:58 PM
P: 33
Nescafé instant coffee, Styrian Milk, Vienna Lump Sugar, Siemens Mikrowelle
Evo
Mar16-10, 09:35 PM
Mentor
P: 26,444
Hunt's petite diced tomatoes, in sauce, Boursin cheese, San Marcos mild pickled jalapenos, Marie Calendar's frozen foods, Quaker five minute grits, Snap-E-Tom tomato chile juice, Knorr Swiss bouillion, Jimmy Dean's Breakfast Sausage.
lisab
Mar16-10, 11:19 PM
Mentor
P: 2,975
Ah, my Nike Equalon running shoes .
Moonbear
Apr6-10, 09:40 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,271
I LOVE Nutella! It's perfect spread on a croissant. I can get the Nutella in stores here easily enough, but getting a good croissant is a challenge. I miss NJ for things like that.

I have one of those really expensive Keurig coffee makers, the kind that makes a single cup at a time, always has the water heated and ready, and a reservoir to refill quickly. While it doesn't make as good of a cup as brewing freshly ground beans in a drip coffee maker or French press, it is a lifesaver first thing in the morning, especially since the "drip tray" can hold almost a full cup of coffee. Yeah, I found that out by forgetting to put the cup under it one morning. This is precisely why I need my coffee quickly and it cuts about 10 min off my morning routine, which makes me love it even more.
turbo
Apr16-10, 02:58 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,363
The Furminator deShedding tool is fantastic. My wife brought one home today, and Duke loves being brushed with it. It effectively removes undercoat fur on cats and dogs, and comes in several sizes. I have been using an old-fashioned wire carding brush on him, but it's a very slow grooming process. The Furminator lets you remove loose undercoat fur by the handfuls, in no time. Got a dog or cat, and want to reduce shedding and pet hair on your furniture and clothing? This is the ultimate grooming tool!!

Best of all, Duke thinks it feels good (even better than the wire brush) and keeps turning around to lap my hand while I'm grooming him. If you shop around, you can find one on-line for a little over $20, or you can go nuts and pay your vet almost $50 for one. (please, no!)
Helios
Apr16-10, 03:17 PM
P: 145
Doral cigarettes, Amour Vienna Sausages, Texas Pete hot sauce, generic instant coffee, ahh life is good.
dilletante
Apr18-10, 10:31 AM
P: 96
Eneloop batteries and my Maha MH-C9000 charger, absolutely the best. Use these batteries in everything from cameras to remote controls, they retain 85% of their power even after sitting for a year. Have to plug my Valentine One radar detector, saved me from a ticket last week. Also love my LED flashlights, Fenix and Nitecore are two good brands.
Thetom
Apr18-10, 01:42 PM
P: 56
Polymorph!!!
http://www.mutr.co.uk/product_info.p...27814ad761735f
Called 'friendly plastic' or 'shapelock' in the US

And....

Fimo
!!!
http://fimo.com/FIMO_classic_eng.Sta...ctiveID=136137

I would love to explain how the above sculptures where made (by artist Jon Anderson). It's a long and drawn-out process called millefiori (thousand flowers) with its roots in traditional Italian glass making. It would take far too long to explain though. Fimo (or polymer clay) has to be the most versatile arts medium known to humanity.

And Fimo is way better than Polymorph.
Kerrie
Apr21-10, 08:15 PM
Emeritus
PF Gold
P: 1,192
Quote Quote by Helios View Post
Doral cigarettes, Amour Vienna Sausages, Texas Pete hot sauce, generic instant coffee, ahh life is good.
Living the good life?

Mine are:

mine is light brown, although a zebra stripe is the next one i want!

who knew flowers could bloom in a teapot??

this chair is much more comfortable then it looks
DaveC426913
Apr21-10, 09:24 PM
Quote Quote by Kerrie View Post

mine is light brown, although a zebra stripe is the next one i want!
Your hot model is light brown? And you want a zebra-striped hot model?? Kinky...
zomgwtf
Apr21-10, 09:39 PM
P: 500
I LOVE nutella on a crepe with slices of banana. Too good. Add some whipped cream for extra deliciousness. Make sure the crepe+nutella are hot though.

Hmm I used to like HP computers but after I got my laptop from their company and the entire plastic casing basically broke (apparently it's made out of recycled film... yay) and the monitor frame broke I lost that interest. Right now my laptop screen has to be placed against something to stop it from opening backwards too far or closing (nothing makes it stay in place)

I LOVE blackberries. I don't have one anymore ATM had to get rid of it when I quit my job but when I stopped using it I felt like a part of me had been ripped out.

I like McDonalds SouthWest crispy chicken sandwich with no leaf lettuce no tomatoe and add shredded lettuce!!! Oh goddd so good.

Hmm I like colognes a lot too. I have a lot, which kind of sucks thinking about it cause each bottle is about 70-100$ so much moneyyy!!!:
Lacoste Essentials (it is essential for every man to have this)
Swiss Army Classic
Diesel
Armani Attitude
Versace Fraiche
212 SexyMan
Davidoff Adventure
Those are my favorites hahahah yeah.. it's a lot. I like smelling good for the ladies though.
Ivan Seeking
Apr22-10, 12:42 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Quote Quote by zomgwtf View Post
Diesel

I prefer Midnight Pasture

Register to reply