slipstream effect

by 3zz
Tags: effect, slipstream
3zz
Mar9-10, 10:16 PM
P: 8
could any one help me in that plz????
i wanna to detmine the effect of the propeller slipstream on the horizontal tail the aircraft is pusher and the propeller in front of the horizontal tail the distance is 15cm and the propeller diamter is 40cm
or any one help me with references
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Better thermal-imaging lens from waste sulfur
Hackathon team's GoogolPlex gives Siri extra powers
Bright points in Sun's atmosphere mark patterns deep in its interior
Cyrus
Mar9-10, 10:47 PM
P: 4,780
That is not something you can easily calculate via a Formula. Why are you trying to calculate this?
3zz
Mar10-10, 01:27 AM
that for my graduate project and i need that effect to calculate tha stabilty and how the slipstream effect in it

kevjcarvalho
Jun11-10, 07:08 AM
P: 42

slipstream effect

i think there will be lot of stability issues. I'm too trying to find the way to calculate the slipstream effect and find its path. Maybe using CFD or something. Maybe by keeping the horizontal tail at an height form the fuselage you can reduce the effect. Check it out.
3zz
Jun13-10, 04:19 AM
thx for the re and i fiend out report for nasa and after working in it i think the effect will be increas in the dunimec pressuer and increas in the roll moment due to propwash as the thrust increas
kevjcarvalho
Jun13-10, 08:26 AM
heyy can u send me dat report coz ive been trying to get stuff on the slipstream effect from months and ive got nothing.
3zz
Jun13-10, 08:44 AM
yes sure hope it help u just read it well i will give u the name of it becous i dont have its link
it's name is (report no.690 longtudinal stablity and control with special reference to slipstream effects)
Cyrus
Jun13-10, 04:39 PM
P: 4,780
Quote Quote by kevjcarvalho View Post
heyy can u send me dat report coz ive been trying to get stuff on the slipstream effect from months and ive got nothing.
Good lord, stop tying in text man. Please, spell check before you post - that goes for both of you. This thread is atrocious.
kevjcarvalho
Jun13-10, 10:21 PM
sorry
3zz
Jun16-10, 04:04 PM
trying help Better than spell check i think that arent u?

Register to reply