Register to reply

Need help in selecting motor!

Share this thread:
avk.dstl
Aug5-10, 04:25 AM
P: 1
Hello I am new to this forum, I want to select a electric motor for planetary centrifugal mixer which will mix silicon and phosphor. so the necessary requirements is like it should have high rpm. which motor should I select? AC or DC or universal motor? also I want to know how we can calculate the torque required for revolving a shaft at high rpm. can somebody help me out here?
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Wildfires and other burns play bigger role in climate change, professor finds
SR Labs research to expose BadUSB next week in Vegas
New study advances 'DNA revolution,' tells butterflies' evolutionary history
GT1
Aug7-10, 10:07 AM
P: 120
You can find all those motors in high RPM versions. For high RPM AC motor you will need to use inverter which makes this option more expensive. What is the needed lifespan of the motor? If it's about 150-1000hours, I think universal motors are the cheapest (the brushless models). Home mixers usually work with universal motors.
if you need more then few hundred hours you can use DC brushless motors or AC motors (search for spindle motors).
Johnson Electric makes some cheap universal motors (http://www.johnsonelectric.com/media...s&search=Motor )
The needed torque depends on the drag of your impeller. If you know the power of the motor you use the formula P=T*N (P - power,T- torque,N- rpm, mind the units) .

Register to reply