Register to reply

What would Dubya do?

by Loren Booda
Tags: dubya
Share this thread:
Loren Booda
Aug21-04, 01:02 AM
P: 3,408
How far would you be willing to entrust President George W. Bush in governing your life?
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Security CTO to detail Android Fake ID flaw at Black Hat
Huge waves measured for first time in Arctic Ocean
Mysterious molecules in space
JohnDubYa
Aug21-04, 02:25 AM
P: 1,322
Well, I don't think he would shoot me in the back or burn my house down. :)
Loren Booda
Aug21-04, 02:38 AM
...or cut off my ears?

Gza
Aug21-04, 02:52 AM
P: 525
What would Dubya do?

Well, I don't think he would shoot me in the back or burn my house down. :)
You didn't really answer the original question with that comment. Of course he wouldn't do anything that extreme to you personally, but he is doing many things that are affecting all of us negatively. I had a chance to skim through the 9/11 commission's report(something supported by Bush), and was shocked to find in plain print, the notion that the war in Iraq was completely unfounded, based on it's original intents and means of homeland security as characterized by the Bush administration. There is just too many things Bush has done to cause me to lose trust in him.
Prometheus
Aug21-04, 10:33 AM
P: 495
Quote Quote by Gza
You didn't really answer the original question with that comment.
I agree, but they seem to be having a pleasant conversation. Perhaps the original post was an inside joke. I don't understand what the original post could possibly be asking anyway.
selfAdjoint
Aug21-04, 11:20 AM
Emeritus
PF Gold
P: 8,147
Perhaps a voting suggestion? would you trust GWB to run your personal life? No? Then why trust him to run the country?
Dooga Blackrazor
Aug21-04, 11:33 AM
P: 372
If you want to go even further... Would you trust a bush to run the country? Then why trust George W? :)
Loren Booda
Aug21-04, 06:30 PM
George W. Bush's savior and role model, Jesus Christ, was a man who showed compassion ultimately through his own suffering. It seems the only suffering that our president has experienced was his privileged profligate life, ignorant of the affliction foisted upon most responsible Americans by the rich he represents. If anything, Bush's life has been one of comfort, divorced from a tradition of Christian humility throughout history. I think Jesus' example is paramount for all leaders: the better a person has coped with the true tribulations of life, the more effective an example and authority they are.

What life experiences of President Bush qualify him to understand the adversity of the world's majority, or that of the U.S.? Should one's faith in Jesus presuppose faith in Dubya?
Entropy
Aug21-04, 06:40 PM
P: 609
George W. Bush's savior and role model, Jesus Christ
Thats an Everest size load of BS.

What would I trust Bush with?

1. My garbage.
2. My toaster--no wait, I care about my toaster.

Register to reply