ZapperZ
Nov9-10, 07:23 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 29,239
Hello Everyone!

We are reviving the PF Photo Contest!

Thanks to Andre for hosting it the past year. The PF Photo Contest will continue with its usual rules, and will continue in its current forum, which is the Fun, Photos & Games forum. However, to make sure people are aware of the contest, and to drum up extra publicity for it, we will have this sticky thread in the General Discussion forum to remind everyone of the new weekly contest and when the voting starts.

Our contest will restart this coming Saturday, Nov. 13, 2010. I hope that we get all the regular participants from the previous contests, and new ones to challenge the old guards. So take out your trusted camera, and start snapping away. You'll never know which of your pictures will be just right for the photo contest theme of the week!

Zz.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Suddenly, the sun is eerily quiet: Where did the sunspots go?
'Moral victories' might spare you from losing again
Mammoth and mastodon behavior was less roam, more stay at home
drizzle
Nov10-10, 07:58 AM
PF Gold
P: 525
Yay! Way to go! Can't wait to see PFers creative pics.
Topher925
Nov10-10, 09:18 AM
P: 1,672
Kewl. I just bought a new camera that actually takes pictures!

Evo
Nov10-10, 11:45 AM
Mentor
P: 26,415
PF Photo Contest

If the subject is squirrels, I'm all set!!
ZapperZ
Nov11-10, 05:28 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Two more days before the resurrection of our PF Photo Contest in the Fun, Photos & Games forum. What would the first theme be? Would involve birds? Squirrels? Or would it even have any moving parts?

Zz.
Evo
Nov11-10, 10:02 AM
Mentor
P: 26,415
If the theme is "baby bunny eating a blade of grass", I might have an entry.
Andre
Nov11-10, 10:07 AM
PF Gold
P: 5,458
I may have an entry in the category "beautiful girl in a simple white dress on a unsaddled horse in a backlight setting".
ZapperZ
Nov12-10, 07:03 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Oh, the anticipation is killing me!

No, not the anticipation of reviving the PF Photo Contest. Rather, it is who will have the honors of being the FIRST person to post a picture consistent with the theme for our resurrected contest! And no, it won't be me, because obviously, that would be an fair.

In less than 24 hours, our PF Photo Contest will be back in the Fun, Photos & Games forum. Check it out!

Zz.
drizzle
Nov12-10, 11:36 AM
PF Gold
P: 525
I'm Ready! [with the help of my caffeined drinks]

But what time exactly you're gonna post the first photo contest? And why won't you tell, what would it be about, you know it'll help those who'd like to post a good pic FIRST.
ZapperZ
Nov12-10, 03:38 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Our newly-revived photo contest is up and running with its first theme. Check it out!

http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=447257

Zz.
GeorginaS
Nov13-10, 10:51 AM
P: 380
One word: Yay!!

One word and two exclamation marks, I guess.
ZapperZ
Nov17-10, 07:12 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
A few more days to submit a photo to this week's PF Photo Contest. Check our personal library of photos and see if any of them qualify under this week's theme!

http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=447257

Zz.
ZapperZ
Nov20-10, 07:03 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
The voting for last week's photo contest submission has started. This will be a tough one to vote since there are so many amazing photos.

The PF Photo Contest theme for this week is "Fallin' for You", reflecting the fall/autumn season of the year.

Zz.
ZapperZ
Dec4-10, 12:14 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Voting for Snow and Ice photo contest has started. Get your votes in early and often! :)

Our photo contest this week has a very interesting theme: Blinded By The Light. Do you have a photo that matches that theme?

Zz.
ZapperZ
Dec14-10, 05:58 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Voting for Blinded By The Light is going on, and every vote counts!

Don't miss this week's contest that has the theme of "Holiday Lights".

Zz.
ZapperZ
Dec27-10, 02:03 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Don't miss casting your vote in the "Santa" photo contest from last week! Pick your favorite Santa picture.

Our photo contest this week is on New Year's Resolution. This could be a tough one!

Zz.
ZapperZ
Jan3-11, 07:43 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
The voting for last week's photo contest - New Year's Resolution - has started. Don't miss out in casting your vote!

This week's PF Photo Contest should be very "bright". It is on Fireworks, in conjunction with the New Year's celebration. Dig out your fireworks photos and post them in that contest!

Zz.
ZapperZ
Jan10-11, 07:03 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Voting for last week's photo contest is now up. Don't miss casting your vote for the best "Fireworks" photo. We only have 3 entries.

Our contest this week could be a challenge. Photos representing the theme "It's All Downhill From Here" will require a bit of interpretation. Do you have one that is a clear representation of our theme?

Zz.

Register to reply