Register to reply

MCNP 5 user guide.

by theCandyman
Tags: guide, mcnp, user
Share this thread:
theCandyman
Apr5-07, 02:16 PM
P: 395
I have to write some input for MCNP for one of my classes. The graduate student had given us a lecture and some examples, but I'm trying to find some more detailed documentation, but even anything basic would be nice.

The one I did run across, from LANL, I needed authorization to view, why is that?
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Mysterious source of ozone-depleting chemical baffles NASA
Water leads to chemical that gunks up biofuels production
How lizards regenerate their tails: Researchers discover genetic 'recipe'
Astronuc
Apr5-07, 05:08 PM
Admin
P: 21,866
MCNP is restricted technology because it could be used to certain types of nuclear design calculations.

Current applications for the code include among others:
Design of accelerator spallation targets, particularly for neutron scattering facilities; Investigations for accelerator isotope production and destruction programs, including the transmutation of nuclear waste; Research into accelerator-driven energy sources; Medical physics, especially proton and neutron therapy; Investigations of cosmic-ray radiation backgrounds and shielding for high altitude aircraft and spacecraft; Accelerator-based imaging technology such as neutron and proton radiography; Design of shielding in accelerator facilities; Activation of accelerator components and surrounding groundwater and air; Investigation of fully coupled neutron and charged-particle transport for lower energy applications; High-energy dosimetry and neutron detection; Design of neutrino experiments; Comparison of physics-based and table-based data; Charged-particle tracking in plasmas; Charged-particle propulsion concepts for spaceflight; Single-event upset in semiconductors, from cosmic rays in spacecraft or from the neutron component on the earth's surface; Detection technology using charged particles (i.e., abandoned landmines); Nuclear safeguards; Nuclear criticality safety; Radiation protection and shielding; Oil well logging.
http://www.nea.fr/abs/html/ccc-0730.html
MCNPX
Feb15-11, 07:51 AM
P: 9
We are collecting MCNP and MCNPX manuals and primers and also guides and tutorials of MCNP users.
If you need one, than have a look on what we have found.

Quote Quote by theCandyman View Post
I have to write some input for MCNP for one of my classes. The graduate student had given us a lecture and some examples, but I'm trying to find some more detailed documentation, but even anything basic would be nice.

The one I did run across, from LANL, I needed authorization to view, why is that?

Register to reply