Register to reply

MCNP 5 user guide.

by theCandyman
Tags: guide, mcnp, user
Share this thread:
theCandyman
Apr5-07, 02:16 PM
P: 395
I have to write some input for MCNP for one of my classes. The graduate student had given us a lecture and some examples, but I'm trying to find some more detailed documentation, but even anything basic would be nice.

The one I did run across, from LANL, I needed authorization to view, why is that?
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Experts defend operational earthquake forecasting, counter critiques
EU urged to convert TV frequencies to mobile broadband
Sierra Nevada freshwater runoff could drop 26 percent by 2100
Astronuc
Apr5-07, 05:08 PM
Admin
P: 21,887
MCNP is restricted technology because it could be used to certain types of nuclear design calculations.

Current applications for the code include among others:
Design of accelerator spallation targets, particularly for neutron scattering facilities; Investigations for accelerator isotope production and destruction programs, including the transmutation of nuclear waste; Research into accelerator-driven energy sources; Medical physics, especially proton and neutron therapy; Investigations of cosmic-ray radiation backgrounds and shielding for high altitude aircraft and spacecraft; Accelerator-based imaging technology such as neutron and proton radiography; Design of shielding in accelerator facilities; Activation of accelerator components and surrounding groundwater and air; Investigation of fully coupled neutron and charged-particle transport for lower energy applications; High-energy dosimetry and neutron detection; Design of neutrino experiments; Comparison of physics-based and table-based data; Charged-particle tracking in plasmas; Charged-particle propulsion concepts for spaceflight; Single-event upset in semiconductors, from cosmic rays in spacecraft or from the neutron component on the earth's surface; Detection technology using charged particles (i.e., abandoned landmines); Nuclear safeguards; Nuclear criticality safety; Radiation protection and shielding; Oil well logging.
http://www.nea.fr/abs/html/ccc-0730.html
MCNPX
Feb15-11, 07:51 AM
P: 9
We are collecting MCNP and MCNPX manuals and primers and also guides and tutorials of MCNP users.
If you need one, than have a look on what we have found.

Quote Quote by theCandyman View Post
I have to write some input for MCNP for one of my classes. The graduate student had given us a lecture and some examples, but I'm trying to find some more detailed documentation, but even anything basic would be nice.

The one I did run across, from LANL, I needed authorization to view, why is that?

Register to reply