Register to reply

Accleration and Magnetic fields?

Share this thread:
Eelbot
May24-11, 04:00 PM
P: 6
I just have a question based on a toroidal conductor. I know that the magnetic field would run in a circle (http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu...imgmag/tor.gif). I am wondering if that magnetic field would do anything. For example, if I dropped something charged into there, would it move in a circle? What about something uncharged, like a ball of metal? What would be the effect on an object in that magnetic field?
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
Physicists unlock nature of high-temperature superconductivity
Serial time-encoded amplified microscopy for ultrafast imaging based on multi-wavelength laser
Measuring the smallest magnets: Physicists measured magnetic interactions between single electrons
cragar
May25-11, 05:19 AM
P: 2,464
If you shot an electron in their with speed v it we feel a force.
What does the Lorentz force say about the direction. And If you just placed an electron in their it would not move, Magnetic fields can't do work, the electron has to be moving to feel the force.

Register to reply