by Andy Resnick
Tags: airplane, pics
Share this thread:
Andy Resnick
Aug9-11, 12:52 PM
Sci Advisor
P: 5,513
A quick post before heading out on vacation:

Thanks to everyone with their advice on getting through TSA screeners- there was no issue at all.

Here's a few shots out the window- daytime:

and sunset:

The clouds are super-high contrast, and a longer lens would be really great at pulling out the detail.

Here's one of the world's busiest airports at 2 am:

I was stuck there overnight, might as well get something interesting for my trouble.

Nashville, for some reason, has a 1:1 stone-for-stone replica of the Parthenon:

Ok, now I'm officially on vacation.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Wildfires and other burns play bigger role in climate change, professor finds
SR Labs research to expose BadUSB next week in Vegas
New study advances 'DNA revolution,' tells butterflies' evolutionary history
Astronuc
Aug9-11, 12:57 PM
Admin
P: 21,828
Quote Quote by Andy Resnick View Post
Here's one of the world's busiest airports at 2 am:

I was stuck there overnight, might as well get something interesting for my trouble.
I was just there - twice last week.

Nashville, for some reason, has a 1:1 stone-for-stone replica of the Parthenon:

Ok, now I'm officially on vacation.
I've been there - even inside.

Just south of the railroad tracks (viaduct/bridge) near the state capitol, there is an interesting map of Tennessee laid out in stone. It's pretty cool, and unfortunately, I didn't have a camera with me.
turbo
Aug9-11, 01:14 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,363
Wow! I've been to Nashville quite a few times, though it was usually lay-over stops on business, and I spent my time working in the hotel room. Never saw the Parthenon, though it might have been worth giving up a couple of hours of research and writing. Pretty darned impressive!

Andy Resnick
Aug11-11, 09:20 PM
Sci Advisor
Airplane pics

Quote Quote by Astronuc View Post
I was just there - twice last week.
Hopefully you were just passing through! O'Hare is the second airport I've had to sleep in...

Quote Quote by Astronuc View Post
I've been there - even inside.

Just south of the railroad tracks (viaduct/bridge) near the state capitol, there is an interesting map of Tennessee laid out in stone. It's pretty cool, and unfortunately, I didn't have a camera with me.
I was there on a sunday, so I couldn't get inside. The map is in Bicentennial park, and *is* really cool. The whole park is really nice- lots of interesting things to see.
Andy Resnick
Aug11-11, 09:22 PM
Sci Advisor
Quote Quote by turbo View Post
Wow! I've been to Nashville quite a few times, though it was usually lay-over stops on business, and I spent my time working in the hotel room. Never saw the Parthenon, though it might have been worth giving up a couple of hours of research and writing. Pretty darned impressive!
It's definitely worth the walk- about 45 minutes from downtown.

Register to reply