Register to reply

I need help 4 dis wednesday. A contest I win 2 thou dollars! HELP HOW TO MOVE a truck

by litmyfirebabe
Tags: contest, dollars, thou, truck, wednesday
Share this thread:
litmyfirebabe
Oct24-04, 12:01 PM
P: 1
2 thou dollars! HELP HOW TO MOVE a truck
i need on help on how to move a truck of 25-30 tons by just human force. its a competition and the scores are based on a balance of time, people used (the less the better) and creativity of the system. there are 3 trucks and we have to move each 10 meters. rules are, that you cant touch the truck, only can touch a chain that is attached to the front of it, and u cant destroy the street or change anything in the truck or street. and there is no trees to use as support or amy pilar can be used. only u and ur system. please someone help me find a system
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Bees able to spot which flowers offer best rewards before landing
Classic Lewis Carroll character inspires new ecological model
When cooperation counts: Researchers find sperm benefit from grouping together in mice
brewnog
Oct24-04, 01:54 PM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 2,794
When you say "there is no trees to use as support or amy pilar can be used", can you supply your own anchor as part of your system?
russ_watters
Oct26-04, 09:42 AM
Mentor
P: 22,243
I vote for a hand-cranked winch. But you'll need some sort of anchor like brewnog said (if you have time, you can just use a pile of cinderblocks as a counterweight.

Arctic Fox
Oct27-04, 08:39 PM
P: 181
I need help 4 dis wednesday. A contest I win 2 thou dollars! HELP HOW TO MOVE a truck

Qs:

Level ground?
*You* canít touch the truck - including tyres?
Can you use a 2x4 as a lever to wedge the tyres (not actually touching the truck)?
brewnog
Oct28-04, 06:15 AM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 2,794
Quote Quote by litmyfirebabe
that you cant touch the truck, only can touch a chain that is attached to the front of it
Mind you, Wednesday's been and gone...

Register to reply