Craft Beers, Microbreweries and Homebrewing

by Astronuc
Tags: beers, craft, homebrewing, microbreweries
Insanity
Aug12-11, 08:01 PM
P: 60
Quote Quote by dlgoff View Post
I'm getting a buzz just looking at your numbers.
Try doing it while buzzed...
FlexGunship
Aug12-11, 08:14 PM
PF Gold
P: 735
I'm drinking a Miller Light
Insanity
Aug12-11, 08:18 PM
Quote Quote by FlexGunship View Post
Not gonna say anything about that.
FlexGunship
Aug12-11, 08:25 PM
PF Gold
P: 735
Quote Quote by Insanity View Post
Not gonna say anything about that.
For someone who's not going to say anything about it, you sure are talkin' a lot about it... you pickin' a fight, boy?

(I said I was drinking a Miller Light... not that I was drinking my FIRST Miller Light.)
turbo
Aug12-11, 08:46 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,367
For someone who's not going to say anything about it, you sure are talkin' a lot about it... you pickin' a fight, boy?

(I said I was drinking a Miller Light... not that I was drinking my FIRST Miller Light.)
And your panties are what color? Just askin'
Insanity
Aug12-11, 09:44 PM

Them fightin' words!

Drinking your first would be excusable, continuing to drink more isn't.
dlgoff
Aug13-11, 09:22 AM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 2,633
Them fightin' words!

Drinking your first would be excusable, continuing to drink more isn't.
I got your back buddy.
Astronuc
Aug13-11, 10:30 AM
Admin
P: 21,637
Pity.

In contrast, I enjoyed a bottle of Scottish Midnight Sun Dark Porter Ale from Williams Bros Brewing Co., Scotland, and a bottle of Pugsley's Shipyard Imperial Porter.

http://www.williamsbrosbrew.com/
http://www.williamsbrosbrew.com/contemporaryales.php

http://www.shipyard.com/taste/
Oddly - they don't list the Imperial Porter
Insanity
Sep4-11, 10:56 PM
Bottled and corked my blueberry mead/melomel today, turned out quite well.

I have ~5gals on the smoked/spiced pale ale to bottle. Wanted to keg it this weekend as well, but my CO2 regulator seemingly quit working, which is needed to keg. Also means I can't drink the rest of my spiced kolsch in a keg, though I suppose I could open the top and pour it all out into appropriate containers, i.e. stein.
Astronuc
Sep30-11, 06:41 PM
Admin
P: 21,637
It's Oktoberfest! Great brews!

I've been enjoying Innis & Gunn Scottish Ale aged in an oak Malt Whisky cask. It has a nice smoky malt whisky taste. For the ale age in rum cask, see my post #308 on page 20.
turbo
Sep30-11, 06:53 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,367
I might have to drag myself over to Oak Pond Brewery. They take Oktoberfest pretty seriously and usually come up with some great batches.
Insanity
Sep30-11, 07:46 PM
Oktoberfest! Need to get some oompah music and german beer. Who says you need to be in Germany for Oktoberfest, why not in my home?
dlgoff
Oct2-11, 08:56 PM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Oktoberfest! Need to get some oompah music and german beer. Who says you need to be in Germany for Oktoberfest, why not in my home?
When I was a college freshman (back in the '60s), there was this little place called the "Beer Stub" that sold "German Dark Beer" on tap. They would fill up a gallon jug for 2 bucks. I always bought two gallons for a night of partying.
S_Happens
Oct3-11, 08:58 AM
PF Gold
P: 301
I love Oktoberfest Marzen style beers. I've already picked up quite a few different Marzens and will be scoping out the local stores for more every week. I'm definitely going to stock up.

I was disappointed by the Ayeinger Oktoberfest-Marzen, but only because Celebrator is just SO good. It's probably one of the easiest beers to drink I've ever had, but there was just nothing special about it. (I did buy a second one and might pick up more if I don't find anything else worth buying)
Insanity
Oct15-11, 03:51 PM
Just bottled a habanero IPA. Added a sliced habanro pepper to the last 10 mins of the boil, and then added another during the secondary, which it sat on for about a month.

Can definitely taste the pepper, but not to overwhelming to my taste buds.
dlgoff
Oct16-11, 09:17 AM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Just bottled a habanero IPA. Added a sliced habanro pepper to the last 10 mins of the boil, and then added another during the secondary, which it sat on for about a month.

Can definitely taste the pepper, but not to overwhelming to my taste buds.
What a cool idea. You might want to try one of rhodys ghost peppers. They do have a unique flavor.
Insanity
Oct16-11, 09:35 AM
Quote Quote by dlgoff View Post
What a cool idea. You might want to try one of rhodys ghost peppers. They do have a unique flavor.
Not bad actually, the heat is there noticeably in the finish, but doesn't linger or overwhelm in the aftertaste. Quite drinkable I think, though those sensitive to capsicum may not agree.

Been told though the capsicum flavor will increase as it ages, so it might get fiery hot with time.
rhody
Oct16-11, 09:46 AM
PF Gold
P: 765
Not bad actually, the heat is there noticeably in the finish, but doesn't linger or overwhelm in the aftertaste. Quite drinkable I think, though those sensitive to capsicum may not agree.

Been told though the capsicum flavor will increase as it ages, so it might get fiery hot with time.
Insanity,

Where did you hear the capsaicin's flavor will increase as it ages ? Don't know if that is true or not, but I suspect subjecting the ghost plants I grow to repeated periods of stress, lack of water, makes the capsaicin in them a bit stronger. Don't know for sure because I didn't send them off to have it measured, just by tasting.

Rhody... Thanks for the heads up, Don...

Register to reply