by Monique
Tags: contract, signing
Monique
Oct18-11, 06:18 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 4,622
Ugh, I called the housing broker and they have no idea who signed the contract and who is who (and they don't care to find out and inform me as well).

They do claim to know that the couple is married and shares all goods, but how would they know if they don't even know that the female is not the person on the contract: she doesn't even carry that last name!

I don't like brokers, they live up to their reputation of being lazy and deceitful.
rhody
Oct18-11, 07:02 AM
PF Gold
P: 765
Monique,

At the very least when this is all said and done, report your broker to: National Real Estate Lic Board. Your complaint may seem minor, but enough complaints from enough honest folk like yourself will help prevent this behavior from continuing. What a schmuck.

Rhody...
I like Serena
Oct18-11, 12:35 PM
HW Helper
P: 6,189
Quote Quote by Monique View Post
Ugh, I called the housing broker and they have no idea who signed the contract and who is who (and they don't care to find out and inform me as well).

They do claim to know that the couple is married and shares all goods, but how would they know if they don't even know that the female is not the person on the contract: she doesn't even carry that last name!

I don't like brokers, they live up to their reputation of being lazy and deceitful.
It's a good thing your contract is not with the broker then. :)

But is it a nice couple?
Evo
Oct18-11, 12:37 PM
Mentor
P: 25,961
Quote Quote by rhody View Post
Monique,

At the very least when this is all said and done, report your broker to: National Real Estate Lic Board. Your complaint may seem minor, but enough complaints from enough honest folk like yourself will help prevent this behavior from continuing. What a schmuck.

Rhody...
She's not in the United States.
Monique
Oct18-11, 01:03 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Quote Quote by I like Serena View Post
It's a good thing your contract is not with the broker then. :)
Definitely! Actually, they won another Oscar today:

I called to inform about the contract, because I still need to get a version signed in ink. The first broker I spoke to had no idea what I was talking about: all contracts are (supposed to be) signed in duplicate. I was transferred to the second broker, again: he didn't know what I was talking about. I get transferred to the last broker, she gets mad at me: she tells me that I agreed to not receiving a version signed in ink. Then she tells me that her colleagues will testify that I agreed not to receive that version, these are the two colleagues that just told me that they didn't have a clue what I was talking about!
But is it a nice couple?
Haven't met them yet, I do like to think they'll be nice
I like Serena
Oct18-11, 01:29 PM
HW Helper
Definitely! Actually, they won another Oscar today:

I called to inform about the contract, because I still need to get a version signed in ink. The first broker I spoke to had no idea what I was talking about: all contracts are (supposed to be) signed in duplicate. I was transferred to the second broker, again: he didn't know what I was talking about. I get transferred to the last broker, she gets mad at me: she tells me that I agreed to not receiving a version signed in ink. Then she tells me that her colleagues will testify that I agreed not to receive that version, these are the two colleagues that just told me that they didn't have a clue what I was talking about!
Yes, apparently the brokers do live up to the expectations.

Haven't met them yet, I do like to think they'll be nice
So what's next?
Monique
Oct18-11, 02:14 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
So what's next?
There's a meeting planned, wait and see..
rhody
Oct18-11, 02:59 PM
PF Gold
Monique,

Rhody...
Quote Quote by Evo View Post
She's not in the United States.
Fair enough Evo, since you know what country Monique is from is there a Real Estate Lic Board there are well, and with teeth

Rhody...
Monique
Oct25-11, 03:04 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
The contract is ripped up!

I didn't even have to say a thing, the owner took out the contract said that it's ridiculous and was forced by the broker, that it is full of illegalities. Ripped it up and offered to sign a proper version. The owners weren't even aware of the changes that the broker made to the contract.

Conclusion: it was a farce created by the broker. I can go to sleep without worries now
Borek
Oct25-11, 03:08 PM
Admin
P: 22,709

Glad to hear it ended well.

At the same time I wonder if you can take a revenge on brokers - report them to authorities or something. Let them sweat
I like Serena
Oct25-11, 03:10 PM
HW Helper
Good!

It restores and strengthens my faith in humanity!!
(But not in brokers! )
Monique
Oct25-11, 03:20 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Quote Quote by Borek View Post
At the same time I wonder if you can take a revenge on brokers - report them to authorities or something. Let them sweat
I wish, I'll have a look where they can be reported. But I think little can be done, they are profiting from a tight market.

It restores and strengthens my faith in humanity!!
(But not in brokers! )
Agreed!
rhody
Oct25-11, 04:54 PM
PF Gold
Glad it worked out, Get the broker BANNED !!! hehe...

Rhody...
I like Serena
Oct25-11, 05:09 PM
HW Helper
Glad it worked out, Get the broker BANNED !!! hehe...

Rhody...
And no GOOBF cards!!

Register to reply