Register to reply

What kind of engineering for this field?

by supernova1203
Tags: engineering, field, kind
Share this thread:
supernova1203
Jan27-12, 06:21 PM
P: 209
So a while back i heard that mechanical engineering has a lot of overlap in terms of curriculum/work with aerospace engineering, another field im curious about is marine engineering.

Up here in canada there arent a whole lot of schools offering aerospace/marine engineering

So my question is what kind of engineering is similar to or has overlap with marine engineering?

Thanks
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Security CTO to detail Android Fake ID flaw at Black Hat
Huge waves measured for first time in Arctic Ocean
Mysterious molecules in space
Astronuc
Jan27-12, 06:36 PM
Admin
P: 21,827
Quote Quote by supernova1203 View Post
So a while back i heard that mechanical engineering has a lot of overlap in terms of curriculum/work with aerospace engineering, another field im curious about is marine engineering.

Up here in canada there arent a whole lot of schools offering aerospace/marine engineering

So my question is what kind of engineering is similar to or has overlap with marine engineering?

Thanks
Mechanical or civil/structural engineering. Basically marine engineering is mechanical engineering applied to marine systems - boats, ships, off-shore platforums, or power or control systems used therein.

If one is interested in wind-power systems, e.g., sailboats, then aerospace/aeronautical engineering would be appropriate. But one would also need the hydraulics/fluid mechanics from mechanical engineering.

Register to reply