Infractions and their expiry

by logearav
Tags: expiry, infractions
Share this thread:
logearav
Feb12-12, 11:24 PM
P: 335
Dear Members and moderators,
If the infractions received by a member expires, whether he/she will be given the concession of three warnings again?
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
New model helps explain how provisions promote or reduce wildlife disease
Stress can make hard-working mongooses less likely to help in the future
Grammatical habits in written English reveal linguistic features of non-native speakers' languages
Vanadium 50
Feb13-12, 05:45 AM
Mentor
P: 16,105
It's case by case. Usually, though, if someone is repeating an action that has received multiple warnings in the past, they have "graduated" to infractions.
Evo
Feb13-12, 10:11 AM
Mentor
P: 26,422
There is no rule that a warning must be given before an infraction.

Integral
Feb13-12, 12:26 PM
Mentor
P: 7,314
Infractions and their expiry

Quote Quote by logearav View Post
Dear Members and moderators,
If the infractions received by a member expires, whether he/she will be given the concession of three warnings again?
The number of warnings or infractions is only of importance if there are a large number of them. What counts is the number of unexpired infraction points. If you accumulate 8 pts a temp ban will result. If 10pts are accumulated the result is a permanent ban.
Borek
Feb13-12, 01:12 PM
Admin
P: 23,363
Quote Quote by logearav View Post
the concession of three warnings
There is no such concession, some are just lucky to not get an infraction after a single warning.
StevieTNZ
Feb13-12, 04:02 PM
PF Gold
P: 795
I have 4 general warming infraction points. I do feel special.
logearav
Feb14-12, 02:50 PM
P: 335
Quote Quote by Integral View Post
If you accumulate 8 pts a temp ban will result. If 10pts are accumulated the result is a permanent ban.
Thanks for the reply. Now all the accumulated points expires, and then one receives a fresh infraction which has worth(!) of 3 points. Now , will it be 11 points or 3 points
Vanadium 50
Feb14-12, 04:09 PM
Mentor
P: 16,105
You are going about this the wrong way. The question you should be asking yourself is "how can I be a positive, contributing member to the forum?" and not "exactly how much mischief can I cause - down to the nanogram - before I am banned?"

Capisce?

Register to reply