by Paul Mackenzie
Tags: goldbach, partitions, ratio
Share this thread:
Paul Mackenzie
Mar2-12, 12:18 AM
P: 16
Hi All;

The following attachment shows a diagram of the ratio

R[2m] = g^2[2m]/g[2m-2]*g[2m+2] where g[2m] is the number of goldbach partitions for the even number 2m.

What is the reason for the "forbidden zones". I understand this is somehow to do with the factors of the even number, but why the empty zones.

Regards
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ratio of goldbach partitions.pdf (360.9 KB, 13 views)
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
'Smart material' chin strap harvests energy from chewing
King Richard III died painfully on battlefield
Capturing ancient Maya sites from both a rat's and a 'bat's eye view'
dodo
Mar2-12, 04:23 AM
P: 688
If you assume (out of my left sleeve) that g[2m-2],g[2m],g[2m+2] are numbers more or less close to N, whenever the corresponding 2m-2, 2m, 2m+2 are not divisible by 3 (that is, on the lower region of the 'comet'), and close to 2N otherwise (the upper region of the comet), then, as one of 2m-2, 2m, 2m+2 will be divisible by 3 and the others won't, your ratio -- assuming that you mean g^2[2m]/(g[2m-2]*g[2m+2]) -- would end up close to either (4N^2)/(N^2) = 4 or to (N^2)/(2N^2) = 0.5, which is more or less what you see.

But of course, this is just a pile of speculation and loosely founded assumptions on my part.

Register to reply