Managing Continuous Operation of Flame Machine with Sleep Function

In summary, the conversation was discussing correcting a C code for a flame machine that needed a burst cool time during continuous operation. The user wanted to have the option to enter flame and cool times before continuous operation and wanted to turn off the current when the flame time was met and start the cool period. The suggestion of using the sleep function with user-entered cool time was given, but more information was needed to suggest other solutions or handle interrupts. There were also questions about the operating system, library for turning current on/off, and the duration of the process.
rama1001
Hi,
I am correcting a C code which was written for a flame machine. My desire is to give a burst cool time when the machine working continuously. In deep, user could have the facility to enter the flame time and cool time before a continuous operation. So, i exactly want to off the current when user time met the flame time and then cool period starts here and so on continuously.
I thought of using Sleep function with an argument of user entered cool time. Is this handle other interrupts in this period? Or any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Yes, the sleep function is appropriate. But you don't give enough information for us to say more.

Interrupt? Are you writing an interrupt handler?What operating system?

Do you have a library to handle turning current on/off?

Does this process run forever?

Lots of questions.

1. How does the sleep function work in a flame machine?

The sleep function in a flame machine allows the machine to enter a low-power mode after a designated period of time with no activity. This helps conserve energy and can also prolong the lifespan of the machine. When the machine is in sleep mode, the flame will extinguish and the machine will not respond to any commands until it is reactivated.

2. How can I adjust the sleep timer on a flame machine?

The sleep timer on a flame machine can usually be adjusted through the machine's control panel or remote control. Check the user manual for specific instructions on how to set the sleep timer to your desired duration. It is important to note that some flame machines may not have a customizable sleep timer and will automatically enter sleep mode after a predetermined amount of time.

3. Can I disable the sleep function on a flame machine?

In most cases, the sleep function on a flame machine cannot be disabled. This feature is important for energy conservation and preventing overheating of the machine. However, some machines may have a "stay on" option that will keep the flame continuously active without entering sleep mode. Consult the user manual for your specific machine to see if this option is available.

4. How do I know when the flame machine is in sleep mode?

When the flame machine is in sleep mode, the flame will be extinguished and the machine will not respond to any commands. Some machines may have a small LED light that will turn on to indicate when the machine is in sleep mode. You can also check the control panel or remote control to see if there is an option to turn the machine on or off.

5. Can I manually wake up a flame machine from sleep mode?

Yes, most flame machines have a button or option on the control panel or remote control to manually wake up the machine from sleep mode. However, it is important to note that constantly waking up the machine can lead to increased energy consumption and may shorten the overall lifespan of the machine. It is recommended to only wake up the machine when needed and allow it to enter sleep mode when not in use.