Register to reply

Perpetual Motion.

by scopeside
Tags: motion, perpetual
Share this thread:
scopeside
Apr27-12, 05:33 AM
P: 2
I am completely fascinated with it, but my only question is if perpetual motion is achievable in space why don't we connect huge wire's to a machine lifted into space that constantly creates a giant force and never stops then is converted and sent down to earth?

I am not sure if I shed my idea in the best light, but for those who understand what I am trying to say could you please speculate with me I would love to see your thoughts.
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
Engineers develop new sensor to detect tiny individual nanoparticles
Tiny particles have big potential in debate over nuclear proliferation
Ray tracing and beyond
BobiG
Apr27-12, 05:36 AM
P: 8
If you interact with a moving object in space so you can draw energy from it you'll slow it down in the process. So no perpetual motion there either. If you could wrap a coil in space around earth you could use the rotation of earth and it's magnetic field to produce large amounts of energy but just think of the size (cost) of the project, and it still wouldn't be a perpetual motion device. There are many crazy ways to produce energy but only a hand full of them are cost efficient.
scopeside
Apr27-12, 05:41 AM
P: 2
Quote Quote by BobiG View Post
There is no resistance in space so you're not creating any energy, if you interact with a moving object in space so you can draw energy from it you'll slow it down in the process. So no perpetual motion there either.
Haha thanks so much =]

davenn
Apr27-12, 07:20 PM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 2,668
Perpetual Motion.

Quote Quote by scopeside View Post
I am completely fascinated with it, but my only question is if perpetual motion is achievable in space why don't we connect huge wire's to a machine lifted into space that constantly creates a giant force and never stops then is converted and sent down to earth?

I am not sure if I shed my idea in the best light, but for those who understand what I am trying to say could you please speculate with me I would love to see your thoughts.
Scopeside....

Read the rules of the forum .... such discussions are not allowed

Dave
berkeman
Apr27-12, 07:39 PM
Mentor
P: 41,126
Quote Quote by scopeside View Post

We do not discuss PMMs or Free Energy schemes at the PF. Here are two good links for understanding why PMMs and Free Energy cannot work:

http://wiki.4hv.org/index.php/Free_Energy_Debunking

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perpetual_motion

Register to reply