Register to reply

Air Propulsion Project

by chrislandan
Tags: project, propulsion
Share this thread:
chrislandan
Apr13-12, 01:26 PM
P: 1
For a project I am looking into the possibility for a wheeled vehicle to be powered by a ducted fan. At this stage in my process I am only certain that the vehicle will weigh about 200 pounds and will be powered by a 2 horsepower motor at 2000 rpm and operate on low friction surfaces. I am looking for the vehicle to move around 15 ft/s. If anyone could help me with calculations that could justify the feasibility of such a vehicle would be greatly appreciated. To give you an idea of my educational background i am currently in college for engineering with no coursework in aerodynamics.
Thank you.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Physical constant is constant even in strong gravitational fields
Montreal VR headset team turns to crowdfunding for Totem
Researchers study vital 'on/off switches' that control when bacteria turn deadly
your_mom
Apr28-12, 10:33 PM
P: 2
I have an idea that will work in theory...but i cant release details other than the fact that the vehicle will essentially run on air....yes, air.

Register to reply