Why are the no stress/time/energy management guides on PF?

• Thread starter tahayassen
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolves around the topic of productivity and academic success. The participants discuss the misconceptions surrounding the idea of working harder for better academic performance and suggest that motivation is not the only factor. They also mention the possibility of creating a mini-guide on the topic and seek clarification on whether it is allowed on the forum. The conversation ends with the suggestion of compiling advice on the forum into a "quote-style" thread.
tahayassen
You'd think that with the amount of intellectual discussion that goes around here, there would be an interesting amount of discussion on increasing productivity for maximum learning, right?

But instead, I always hear misconceptions on these forums: for instance, people always say that you merely need to work harder to do better in school. This is misleading advice. Sure, you need motivation, but that isn't all there is to academic success. See this article and this one here for more info.

I'm actually thinking of writing a mini-guide to maybe help those who are studying academically, but before I do so, I just want to make sure that it's within PF's rules. So what do you guys say? The reason I'm asking is because I don't want to risk putting time into something that will just be deleted.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I really like this idea, as I recently posted a question about time management. Hope your response from the admins is favorable.

It's true that these issues are frequent topics. Just about everyone who pushes through a STEM education deals with this.

There's a lot of good advice (see the "similar threads" below, as well as the one I started and to which people are commenting) on this forum already. Perhaps it could be compiled into a thread 'quote style.'

I'd do it if I had..well..time!

Why are there no stress management guides on PF?

There could be a few reasons for this. First, Personal Finance (PF) focuses primarily on financial matters, such as budgeting, investing, and saving. Stress management is a broad and complex topic that may not be directly related to personal finance. Second, PF is a community-driven platform, and the guides are created by individual users. It is possible that no one has yet created a stress management guide on PF.

Why are there no time management guides on PF?

Similar to stress management, time management may not be directly related to personal finance. PF is a platform for discussing financial matters, and while time management can have an impact on one's financial success, it may not be the primary focus of the community. Additionally, the guides on PF are created by individual users, so it is possible that no one has yet created a time management guide on the platform.

Why are there no energy management guides on PF?

Energy management is a relatively new concept, and it may not be as well-known or widely discussed as stress and time management. Additionally, PF is a community-driven platform, so the content is created by individual users. It is possible that no one has yet created an energy management guide on PF.

Is stress management not important in personal finance?

Stress management is an essential aspect of overall well-being, and it can certainly have an impact on one's financial health. However, personal finance is a broad topic, and it may not be the primary focus of discussions on the PF platform. It is always a good idea to take care of one's mental health, including managing stress, but it may not be the main focus on PF.

Can I find stress/time/energy management guides on other platforms?

Yes, there are numerous resources available online for stress, time, and energy management. While PF may not have specific guides on these topics, there are likely other platforms or websites that offer in-depth discussions and advice on managing these aspects of life. It is always a good idea to do some research and explore different sources for information and guidance.