What Do You Call This Type of Hinge?

by itsdonny
Tags: hinge, type
huntoon is offline
Nov15-12, 10:28 AM
P: 145
Looks like a normal hinge with a detent for positioning.
Travis_King is online now
Nov15-12, 12:15 PM
P: 765
Yea I don't think it has a unique name. It uses a the principle of a cam to facilitate the poisitioning.

itsdonny is offline
Nov15-12, 01:05 PM
P: 9

What Do You Call This Type of Hinge?

I see. Can you give me some other examples that I could look up online?
pantaz is offline
Nov16-12, 06:27 PM
P: 586
If I had to give it a name, I would call it a "spring detent hinge". Try searching variations such as, "cam detent hinge", or "multi-position hinge", etc.
6Stang7 is offline
Nov16-12, 06:32 PM
P: 212
+1 for cam hinge

Register to reply

Related Discussions
Post doc position, to call or not to call? Career Guidance 2
hinge loading Mechanical Engineering 0
hinge support Introductory Physics Homework 1
What should we call the type of dervative that isn't a partial derivative? Calculus 5
rod released on a hinge Introductory Physics Homework 1