Register to reply

[Matlab] Plotting two functions of the same variable against each other

by av8or
Tags: thermodynamics
Share this thread:
av8or
Nov15-12, 05:35 PM
P: 2
I need to make two plots of volume as a function of time vs pressure as a function of time. When plotted the graph will have an enclosed area. I am having trouble on how to have matlab plot these two functions against each other.

My experience with matlab is having a function defined in a script file. I have not been exposed to using a function m file to define a function and reference it in a script.

My functions are as follows where (t) is the only variable, everything else is defined earlier in the file. I need to graph P vs Vc and P vs Ve. The order of magnitudes of Vc and Ve is different by 10^-3 hopefully that won't matter.

Vc =@(t) vc*sin(omega*t);
Ve =@(t) ve*cos(omega*t);
A =@(t) Vc(t)/(R*Tc) + vtl/(R*Ttl) + vr/(R*Tr) + Ve(t)/(R*Te);
P =@(t) M/A(t);
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Security CTO to detail Android Fake ID flaw at Black Hat
Huge waves measured for first time in Arctic Ocean
Mysterious molecules in space
Simon Bridge
Nov15-12, 06:14 PM
Homework
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
Thanks
P: 12,463
Quote Quote by av8or View Post
I need to make two plots of volume as a function of time vs pressure as a function of time. When plotted the graph will have an enclosed area. I am having trouble on how to have matlab plot these two functions against each other.
Why not just plot the vectors against each other?
av8or
Nov16-12, 12:24 AM
P: 2
Quote Quote by Simon Bridge View Post
Why not just plot the vectors against each other?
I actually had that idea shortly after posting this. Thank you for your response.

Simon Bridge
Nov16-12, 01:43 AM
Homework
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
Thanks
P: 12,463
[Matlab] Plotting two functions of the same variable against each other

No worries - sometimes the process of asking a question will produce the answer.

Register to reply