Register to reply

Self-dual Boolean function

by mathwo
Tags: boolean, function, selfdual
Share this thread:
mathwo
Nov18-12, 09:18 AM
P: 1
A Boolean function of n variables is a mapping f : {0, 1}^n to {0, 1}. . Determine the number of Boolean functions f of n variables such that
(i) f is not self-dual and f(0, 0, . . . , 0) = f(1, 1, . . . , 1),
(ii) f is self-dual and f(0, 0, . . . , 0) = 1.
I think for the first part, i need to find the number of functions that is not self-dual, then find the number of functions i need from it? For the second part,i absolutely have no clue, please help me with this question.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
New type of solar concentrator desn't block the view
Researchers demonstrate ultra low-field nuclear magnetic resonance using Earth's magnetic field
Asian inventions dominate energy storage systems
mfb
Nov18-12, 02:14 PM
Mentor
P: 11,815
For the first part, I would calculate the number of self-dual functions, and the number of functions where f(0, 0, . . . , 0) = f(1, 1, . . . , 1). As all self-dual functions satisfy that condition, both numbers are sufficient to get the answer.

For the second part: Well, you know f(1, 1, . . . , 1) as well. How many independent function values are left which you can choose?

Register to reply