View Poll Results: Which of these have you eaten?
Twinkies 19 48.72%
Cheese puffs 26 66.67%
Moon Pie 14 35.90%
Doughnuts 34 87.18%
McDonald's French fries 35 89.74%
Chipwich 9 23.08%
Fried pork rinds 15 38.46%
Snickers 34 87.18%
Pepperoni pizza 37 94.87%
Doritos 33 84.62%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

What's your JFQ (Junk Food Quotient)?

by jtbell
Tags: food, junk, quotient
leroyjenkens
Nov18-12, 02:22 PM
P: 528
Chipwiches are amazingly good. I didn't know that's what they were called. I guess I don't read labels anymore, I just buy what I want from just looking at the picture.

Only thing on that list I haven't had is pork rinds. And now that I'm a vegetarian, I probably never will. I don't need to eat fried pork fat anyway.

Nowadays junk food to me is a bowl of Raisin Bran cereal.
DaleSpam
Nov18-12, 02:44 PM
Mentor
P: 16,489
Woot! I aced this test. 100%. I must be a genius!
jtbell
Nov18-12, 05:20 PM
Mentor
P: 11,255
If you think fried pork rinds are disgusting, try pickled pig lips.

For a long time, we had a store just outside of town that claimed to be their "home", but it closed and was torn down a few years ago. (Not the store shown in the video, BTW.)
xxChrisxx
Nov19-12, 08:03 AM
P: 2,032
Quote Quote by Ryan_m_b View Post
Exactly the same but I'm British and only have a vague idea of what these things are.
*AHEM*
Jimmy Snyder
Nov19-12, 08:38 AM
P: 2,163
They can't be worse than chicken lips.
turbo
Nov19-12, 08:59 AM
PF Gold
P: 7,367
In the last 10 years or so, I have had some Doritos, though not recently. That's about it. My intake of junk food is almost non-existent.
AlephZero
Nov19-12, 09:08 AM
Engineering
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
Thanks
P: 6,388
Quote Quote by xxChrisxx View Post
I'm also a Brit, and I've never come across Twinkies, Moon Pie, or Chipwich. There are still a few bits of American "culture" that you haven't managed to export to the rest of the world!
Ryan_m_b
Nov19-12, 09:29 AM
Mentor
P: 5,351
Quote Quote by xxChrisxx View Post
Why on Earth would you think that's a lie you can't get any of these things regularly in the UK and even if you did find some in a rare American shop few British people would know what they were.
xxChrisxx
Nov19-12, 10:20 AM
P: 2,032
A rose by any other name.

Have you never eaten a wagon wheel? They're kinda big and kinda round.

Spoiler
Also, just incase you didn't get it. It was in jest.
SHISHKABOB
Nov19-12, 10:28 AM
P: 615
greasy pizzas are the best pizzas

deliciousness ∝ greasiness
turbo
Nov19-12, 11:17 AM
PF Gold
Duke is wiped out. I took him to visit his friend Max this morning, and they ran really hard. If I had a few more dogs like Duke, I'd have to consider getting a sled and becoming a musher.
FreeMitya
Nov19-12, 11:32 AM
P: 31
Quote Quote by turbo View Post
Duke is wiped out. I took him to visit his friend Max this morning, and they ran really hard. If I had a few more dogs like Duke, I'd have to consider getting a sled and becoming a musher.
A bit out of place, but what's life without a little disorder!

I'm ashamed to say I've had six of these many times, though only a couple recently.
denjay
Nov19-12, 12:15 PM
P: 78
Hmmm, I know I haven't had Moon Pie, Chipwich, or fried pork rinds. Never heard of a chipwich. Most iconic huh?

Edit: OOOOOOHHHHHHH a chipwich! Sure those are great!
jim mcnamara
Nov20-12, 08:00 AM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 1,355
Where my kids grew up, one of the great unhealthy foods was on the table most mornings: green chile bacon.

Fry one pound (yep one pound) in a large skillet. When the bacon is crispy done you pour off lots of grease, and throw in a cup of roasted green chile. Cook long enough to get the chile hot.

If you do it right the bacon is still crunchy with a great green chile flavor , and the green chile itself is wonderful on eggs. I don't want to think about the consequences on my blood lipids....

Green chile is no way realted to the reddish brown stuff people everywhere associate with chile.

If this sounds odd, this is New Mexico. That alone makes it odd. Chile is Capsicum spp. pods harvested green, not beans, tomato sauce, hamburger, and hot sauce. That is chile mac or Texas chile.
turbo
Nov20-12, 08:15 AM
PF Gold
Quote Quote by turbo View Post
Oops! wrong thread. My apologies.
Integral
Nov20-12, 08:30 AM
Mentor
P: 7,292
I have tried all but the chipwich. I will not eat Twinkies, or Moonpies again, once was enough. The dissolution of Hostess is not a big deal for me. Doritos I can take or leave, generally leave.

I love Snickers and doughnuts. (not at the same time!)
nitsuj
Nov20-12, 12:18 PM
P: 1,098
I thought it was a choose your favorite, opps didn't read first; just voted.

Semantics aside, I've had everything on the list. Even pork rinds, which I thought must have gone bad. After being sampled by an experienced pork rind snacker was assured that is how they are supposed to taste.

Was then horrified to see pork rinds are actually made with pork.

Chipwich = ice cream cookie probably the best!
jtbell
Nov20-12, 12:27 PM
Mentor
P: 11,255
As for Chipwiches, I don't remember if I've ever eaten that specific brand of chocolate-chip cookie / ice cream sandwich, but I've definitely eaten that generic configuration under whatever names. Usually I eat them when I'm on a long car trip and stop at a gas station for a short bathroom+snack break.

Register to reply