Register to reply

Medical imaging

by eXorikos
Tags: imaging, medical
Share this thread:
eXorikos
Nov24-12, 02:55 PM
P: 249
I'm graduating this year with a master in nuclear physics. In my bachelors I did a minor in medical radiation physics. This way I was introduced to medical imaging and I decided to take elective courses from the postgraduate advanced medical imaging. If I hadn't chosen my thesistopic then, I would have chosen one in the medical imaging department.

So I will graduate with:
Bachelor in physics minor medical radiation physics
Master in nuclear physics with elective courses in medical imaging.

Will I qualify for research jobs in medical imaging or should I better focus on a different career?

I prefer a career in an international environment which will bring me opportunities to move elsewhere along the road. I guess I'm not the only one.

Thanks!
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Mysterious source of ozone-depleting chemical baffles NASA
Water leads to chemical that gunks up biofuels production
How lizards regenerate their tails: Researchers discover genetic 'recipe'
Choppy
Nov24-12, 10:00 PM
Sci Advisor
P: 2,707
The research positions in medical imaging that I've seen almost all required a PhD. Realistically you won't be competative for post-doctoral research positions in imaging centres. But that's not to say you can't do it. One option might be to get involved with research and development in the commercial sector.
eXorikos
Nov25-12, 04:09 AM
P: 249
I will apply for a PhD position at my university, but other than that the private sector is where I will look. Any advice on that?

Register to reply